“No complaints”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“No complaints”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Booked a room 6 weeks in advance in NH's half-price flash sale, so got an absolute bargain - alas the chain doesn't seem to do these flash sales any more !
Booked into the cheapest range of rooms - I think it was called standard, but am certain I didn't pay for a higher quality than the lowest available.
Hotel is located near the shopping / office centre of Rotterdam - admittedly not a visually attractive area, but convenient. Arrived about 9 pm - checkin was quick and efficient. Reception asked if I'd stayed at an NH hotel which I have a few times. No idea if this was the cause and not reason to believe it was, but ended up with a very large room. The hotel is on the corner of 2 main roads - requested a quiet room and was given one.
Bathroom was fine - the only thing I might pick up was that the pillows were a little bit small, but even if I'd paid the full room price, this would be a very minor point.
Breakfast was fine for me - while I've seen better elsewhere, more than ample to fill my stomach without my becoming a fat dumpling.
While the rooms are conventional, reception does look really rather good with all the 1930s styling - it feels like you're staying in a grand old dame of a hotel who still has her looks and flair despite her age.

Yes, you probably can spend 300 euros to find somewhere more luxurious in Rotterdam, but if budget is limited, this place will do very nicely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank pmbma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rotterdam, Netherlands
Reviewed October 20, 2012

NH hotel is a great location, I have been here for 3 days complaining about the ventilation hood above the stove, when I first open the ventilation to start cooking dust fell into my food. I looked under the hood and it seems like it hasn't been cleaned in years. We had people come look at it and still the same....cannnot believe it. I understand the technician do not work on weekends. We must suffer and go out to eat until this problem is solved. I rented an apartment to save money. I will not cook on the stove with the thick dust above it. This will be my last stay at NH.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel has ideas above it's station, booked an Executive room but on arrival placed in a room that was on par with basic Ibis hotel standard. Wi-Fi is free but to be honest is a joke as each page takes forever to load unless you pay for the premium service. Bill on check out is loaded with city taxes, I have to ask why? Do they not want us to visit the place ever again. Expensively disadvantaged, never again.

Room Tip: Look at the pictures on the website and if the room offered does not meet expectation ask for your m...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Rotterdam hotels

Spain
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hotel is in a greate location, close to what ever in Rotterdam.

Saayie in a Junior Suite, small and very dark room, large bathroom. Advertisement say hardwood floor, iin the room we had was it laminate (plastic) floor. Ok Internet for free, needed to call several timer to have it back working and need to ask reception for a new login code every day. room we had was against "backyard" very quiet on the positive side on the nevative side is it very dark in the room and "backyard" is a breadinground for moskitos, keep your windows closed. HOTEL NEED TO CLEAN "BACKYARD" AND CLOSE IT OFF WITH A NET FOR PIDGINS.

Room Tip: Stay away from room against backyard.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alicante, Spain
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

After reading other reviews I wonder if I we were all staying in the same hotel....
Yes, the Internet was a bit slow, not a big deal, but it was free. My understanding is that the whole hotel is wifi and free, regardless of room rate.
Breakfast I thought was fantastic and a very reasonable price at 15 euros, compared to other hotels in Rotterdam. It catered to all dietary needs/ diets/ restrictions/ organic (with a wide variety of fruit, veg/ salad bar, cheese, pancakes, eggs, cereals, juices, yogurts, cold cuts, breads, sweets, proper coffee, jams, nuts, ect). It also has a very nice view and most importantly on Sundays they serve until 11 am!
We did have a large room, facing internally, therefore noise was no problem whatsoever. In fact we slept with our window open, although a few pesky mosquitoes made us close it. The aircon worked fine when we put it it on. The room was clean, tidy, and yes, dark. There were plenty of lamps for a nice cosy glow, but due to the fact they are all energy saving light bulbs I did actually have to bring my socks into the bathroom to make sure they matched.
When we arrived for check in, in the evening, we saw that the toilet seat was cracked. We informed them at the font desk and by the next day it was changed.
All of the staff was very warm and friendly, couldn't find fault with their service.
I would stay there again, no doubt. But perhaps after reading other reviews I would make ure I have an interior room.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Staff was great. $9/day internet that was very very slow and I had problems keeping it working. Room is like an IKEA, very minimalistic. Bed was not comfortable, two twin beds pushed together. Small TV that doubles as the alarm clock. Weird shower setup with no shower curtain. Very dim lighted. Had trouble with A/C. Location is terrific, spent $161 USD/ night. Can't stress how good the location is. Walked ten minutes from Rotterdam Central Station. 2 min from Cool District shopping. 5 min from Metro. 5 min from many museums. Just remember museums don't open until 10-11AM on Saturdays.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Warren, MI
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The NH Atlanta Rotterdam is located in the perfect area for shoppers. There are shops in every direction surrounding the hotel. The Schouwburg Theather is but a few blocks away, which was perfect as I was performing there during this trip. Daily breakfast is provided with your room and the breakfast room patio overlooks the city. I would suggest, however, traveling with face towels as the smallest towel the hotel provides is actually a hand towel. The bed was a little low to the ground, but I did sleep comfortably. Also, there are no hand-rails to assist climbing into the tub/shower, so you must be careful when showering. The remote control was quite dusty and the batteries were running low. Also, if you're looking to watch television while in the room, I hope you speak Dutch. On another note, service in the Paramount Dim Sum restaurant on the property, but not run by NH Atlanta, sucks! I had an issue and it took two days for me to meet with a manager.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business