1,331 results
All reviewschinese restaurantthe art deco styleworld tradecentral locationthe heart of the citylarge bathroomwalking distancetrain stationpleasant stayhotel roombreakfast includedshort stayerasmus bridgecarnivalconference
Reviewed October 4, 2012

After reading other reviews I wonder if I we were all staying in the same hotel....
Yes, the Internet was a bit slow, not a big deal, but it was free. My understanding is that the whole hotel is wifi and free, regardless of room rate.
Breakfast I thought was fantastic and a very reasonable price at 15 euros, compared to other hotels in Rotterdam. It catered to all dietary needs/ diets/ restrictions/ organic (with a wide variety of fruit, veg/ salad bar, cheese, pancakes, eggs, cereals, juices, yogurts, cold cuts, breads, sweets, proper coffee, jams, nuts, ect). It also has a very nice view and most importantly on Sundays they serve until 11 am!
We did have a large room, facing internally, therefore noise was no problem whatsoever. In fact we slept with our window open, although a few pesky mosquitoes made us close it. The aircon worked fine when we put it it on. The room was clean, tidy, and yes, dark. There were plenty of lamps for a nice cosy glow, but due to the fact they are all energy saving light bulbs I did actually have to bring my socks into the bathroom to make sure they matched.
When we arrived for check in, in the evening, we saw that the toilet seat was cracked. We informed them at the font desk and by the next day it was changed.
All of the staff was very warm and friendly, couldn't find fault with their service.
I would stay there again, no doubt. But perhaps after reading other reviews I would make ure I have an interior room.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Staff was great. $9/day internet that was very very slow and I had problems keeping it working. Room is like an IKEA, very minimalistic. Bed was not comfortable, two twin beds pushed together. Small TV that doubles as the alarm clock. Weird shower setup with no shower curtain. Very dim lighted. Had trouble with A/C. Location is terrific, spent $161 USD/ night. Can't stress how good the location is. Walked ten minutes from Rotterdam Central Station. 2 min from Cool District shopping. 5 min from Metro. 5 min from many museums. Just remember museums don't open until 10-11AM on Saturdays.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The NH Atlanta Rotterdam is located in the perfect area for shoppers. There are shops in every direction surrounding the hotel. The Schouwburg Theather is but a few blocks away, which was perfect as I was performing there during this trip. Daily breakfast is provided with your room and the breakfast room patio overlooks the city. I would suggest, however, traveling with face towels as the smallest towel the hotel provides is actually a hand towel. The bed was a little low to the ground, but I did sleep comfortably. Also, there are no hand-rails to assist climbing into the tub/shower, so you must be careful when showering. The remote control was quite dusty and the batteries were running low. Also, if you're looking to watch television while in the room, I hope you speak Dutch. On another note, service in the Paramount Dim Sum restaurant on the property, but not run by NH Atlanta, sucks! I had an issue and it took two days for me to meet with a manager.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I like NH Hotels. But some of them are overrated and dusty. NH Atlanta is one of them. Dark rooms, beds moving around the room, old windows and bathroom with a touch of mould and time. Internet connection cost 10 EUR and is not usable for most of the normal tasks (in a fact even you cannot work on your corporate mails). Breakfast is OK. Very good Chinese restaurant downstairs plus ... it is Center of the City Rotterdam. You can walk everywhere or just jump to the subway in front of the hotel. If you don't want to eat at the restaurant downstairs there is many others to walk within 5-10 minutes.That is making experience "average".
Car parking is located close by but of course it cost as normal public parking in the city (high cost)

Room Tip: There are no quiet rooms :-)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ijareek
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Loved the hotel, very central in Rotterdam - although we were not impressed very much with the city! When we arrived we ask how much was the parking, overnight parking in the garage next door costs 30 EUR that's almost as much as we paid for the room in the NH 50% sale! We were given an unexpected upgrade to a junior suite which was fantastic, spacious and had a high ceiling because there were no more twin rooms available.

Wifi is now free across the hotel, but it was a little slow at times! The lobby and hotel bar has an art deco theme and it is a really nice hotel. No air conditioning in rooms, just air cooling - but despite this and the hefty parking charge it was a good place to stay in Rotterdam! There's a McDonalds just over the road, but we couldn't find a shop or small supermarket!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends