“Central but the room was very small” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Euro Hotel Centrum

Euro Hotel Centrum
Ranked #44 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
Bucharest, Romania
“Central but the room was very small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Well... the good part is that it's central and the staff are very helpful. Unfortunally there was also a bad part: the rooom was kind of small with pretty old furniture and the internet connection was very slow and disconnecting every five minutes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MariusW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Haverhill, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here for one night as my room booked at the Breitner Hotel was not available due to technical reasons. I arrived here with some trepidation as the Breitner has arranged this alternative for me.
Check in was smooth and unproblematic as they were expecting me.
The room was medium size with a nice comfortable bed and general clean.
Breakfast was a bit chaotic with the breakfast room being far too small for the coach party which was staying there that said there was enough food for all.
The hotel is nicely situated near to the Maritime Museum.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mostlybytrain
Utrecht, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Last month I stayed in this hotel during a business trip and I must say that it is really a nice accommodation. Rooms are intelligently designed according to needs of all types of travelers. Bed was super comfortable and washroom was very clean. Breakfast was amazing and other meals were also good. Quality and choice of food both were perfect. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gloucester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Alarm bells should have rung when on arriving at this so called "hotel" they took payment for the whole 3 nights up front instead of using our card number as a security. Lesson learnt - always look at the room before you commit to anything! The sheets had been changed but that was all. The dust was thick there were yellowing dribbles on walls and the raidiator. The bathroom was filthy, well everything was filthy and the smell..... SEWAGE with an undertone of very old cigarettes and dirt. The furniture was broken. My husband compained in the morning to a receptionist who really could not care less. She told him they were fully booked for the duration of our stay but would 'phone if anything became available, she didn't 'phone. And so I wasted a whole day trying to find accomodation where I would not be afraid to put my head on the pillow. I have never been to a hotel before where there has not been soap to wash your hands in the bathroom or a kettle, but the biggest problem was the shear filth of this place. I still have bites, I wonder if these were picked up here? We did find a squashed bug in one of the beds! We have asked for our money back but have been told "This dust comes directly from the dry cleaned bed sheets. After making your bed this dust stays in the air and falls down after leaving and always sticks to everything" what utter rubbish! also ... "We found it a little bit unfair that we are blamed for having smoke stains on our walls while our walls and heating used to be yellow because of paint" More rubbish - see the photographs. Be warned, don't stay here, I would have rather have slept on a park bench. ...Oh and have just been offered a free nights stay.. Good god no!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank fussytraveler74

Travelers are raving about these Rotterdam hotels

Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. It is a "budget " hotel, but still, I found it too expensive for what it offers. The room I got was clean but really small. Heating couldn't be put off during the night and it was really too hot. The other major problem was the noise coming from rooms next door: the walls seems to be as thin as cardboard!! Apart from this, the hotel has free wifi, and the staff is really nice. And it is very central.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I just needed a simple place to stay overnight in Rotterdam, and the Euro Hotel delivered. It's conveniently located to the subway. Ignore Google Maps and follow the directions from the hotel; they are very good and accurate. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rate, at 50 euros, was very reasonable considering the high prices of most hotels in Rotterdam.

Check-in is a little confusing because the check-in desk is up a flight of stairs, but below the first floor. So, if you take the elevator up, you overshoot it.There is an elevator to the room floors that is accessible either up or down one flight of stairs. If multiple people are traveling with lots of luggage, it's better to leave someone on the bottom floor with the bags and send someone else upstairs to register and get the keys to avoid lugging bags upstairs and downstairs again.

The room was tiny, sort of clean (dust bunnies lurked under the bed and under the radiator but the bathroom and bed sheets were clean) and I wonder how two people would fit on the small bed. Fortunately I was traveling alone. The mattress was old and kind of lumpy, but I managed to find a comfortable position.

Breakfast was included in my rate and was a surprisingly rich spread with cereal, breads, meats, pastries, yogurt and more. The hotel was kind enough to store my bags for the day and returned them in good order late in the day.

Overall, an average experience for a budget hotel. The room was a little below average, but the service and breakfast are above average. This earns my rating of Average. Please do note that I am a very tough reviewer, and not even high-end five star properties have earned an Excellent review from me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Braintree, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had the misfotune of selecting your hotel as given us by Budget Places.from night one we were bitten by fleas only finding evidence for sure on the third day of our stay,we were given an alternative room this was okay,our big problem was mosquitos biting us.Our other complaint was the lack of provision of tea /coffee making devices,something I have not experienced in the last 15 years or so of hotel stays.I did fill in your questionaire citing the above mentioned complaints ,to date I have had no reply.Your staff were very helpful,they could not be faulted.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple