“excellent”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kortrijk, Belgium
“excellent”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

top hotel right in front of the central station. very helpfull receptionists.
rooms are spacious, modern, well equipped en spotless.
the bar has a nice atmosphere and the breakfast offers everything you need.
I needed to print some documents at the last moment, luckily there was a printer at my disposal in the 'business corner'! Thanks for that!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear VK019,

Many thanks for choosing our hotel as your preferred place to stay; I am proud to learn that you had an excellent stay with us. I will personally make sure your comments are shared within the hotel, specifically the Front Office, since it serves as a great motivation for our staff.

I hope to be able to welcome you back some day; please let me know if there is anything else we can do to enhance your stay.

Youp Bimbergen – Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We only stayed here one night, while visiting a festival. The night was included with our tickets. The hotel is classy and clean. The staff is very kind and helpful. Rooms are big and clean. Everything is available. Our breakfast lasted till 2 in the afternoon. Don't know if that is always the case or just because of the festival. There was a huge queue at the restaurant when we were planning to have breakfast. The staff worked very hard to give everyone a seat. Although there weren't enough seats. Breakfast was good. Nothing very special.
Overall I enjoyed my (short) stay at the Manhattan Hotel. I probably wouldn't book a room very soon again, because the rooms are expensive..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kaat88
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Kaat88,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and the time you took to share your experiences on this website. Great to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the great city of Rotterdam for this special occasion; our breakfast hours on weekend days are indeed the longest in town, not just for the festival you visited!

I hope I will be able to welcome you again for another (short) stay.

Melbourne
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was a good hotel in a great location, we walked to the Euromast, the museum and with the use of the water bus to MS Rotterdam and with the tram stop just about outside of the hotel and the railway station across the road transport isn't a problem. It is also right in the shopping area with plenty of restaurants.
The room was a good size and comfortable, we paid a bit extra and had a executive room with access to the executive lounge room which included drinks and snacks an added bonus.
We had breakfast included in our room price, but on check out we were charged for breakfast, this was deducted off the bill, when pointed out. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: The executive room was worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear DandAMelbourne,

Thank you very much for your stay with us, I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts online. I am proud to learn that your stay with us was your base for what must have been an enjoyable visit to Rotterdam, what more than a comfortable room, a nice glass while enjoying the view from the executive lounge and a great breakfast in the morning would one need!

Again, thank you very much for your visit; I hope I will be able to welcome you back in the hotel someday.

South England
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed here in mid-October for girlfriends birthday. Have to say it was every bit of luxury as advertised. Lovely restaurant, especially for breakfast. Friendly staff, coffee maker, slippers, safe and everything in the rooms. Spacious, comfortable, clean. Worth every penny. Has a fantastic location. Outside the train station and bus stop. Shops 5-10 minutes away. Restaurants, bars, casino etc all 5 minutes away.

Also easy to access the airport, zoo etc with the bus links just outside the hotel, dropping you outside of every location.

All in all enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear WHU189,

Many thanks for choosing our hotel as your preferred place to stay and spending some time to post your experiences on Tripadvisor, this is much appreciated.

I am very pleased to learn that you truly experienced the bespoke Manhattan experience as we envisage this on this special occasion and enjoyed your visit to the great city of Rotterdam.

I look forward to welcome you back on the next occasion, please contact me personally in case I can be of any assistance when planning a future trip.

Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed here as part of a mini break package to Rotterdam. To start, yes, there are lots of work going on to improve the area but this is not fault of the hotel. I'm sure they didn't want it digging up & people complaining about it. Check in was faultless. Room was amazing. Bed SO comfy. Dinner was a surprise but wen I didn't want my salmon, it was changed & something was cooked for me fresh. The lady who looked after us in the restaurant treated us like royalty & really made our stay....perfect. Drinks in the bar to round off the night was perfect. Free use of gym & a fantastic choice for breakfast, finished our stay perfectly. Check out no issue. This hotel is right in the heart of the town & well worth a visit. We would love to return sometime soon. Thank you Manhattan Rotterdam.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Debbie R,

I am pleased to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and felt like royalties; thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I will make sure your comment is shared throughout the hotel, since it is comments like yours that motivates us all!

Needless to say the current construction works in the vicinity are not so appealing, it will be worth the wait though because really soon it will all look amazing!

Again, thank you very much for words of appreciation; we all look forward to welcome you back in the hotel sometime soon.

Warm regards,

Scarborough, Yorkshire, England
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We only stayed for one night as tourists but we were impressed by the overall standard. The room, a superior room, was spacious and comfortable. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. As a tourist in Rotterdam you couldn't wish for a better location, right on the doorstep of the Central Train Station and on the edge of the main shopping area.
I was somewhat disappointed that the hotel did not have a vending machine for soft drinks and I was unable to connect to their free Wi Fi in my room. I could have asked for clarification of their vague instructions I suppose, but I used my G3 connection instead. I recommend visiting the Da Vinci exhibition if you have the time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ken W,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and the time you spent to share your experiences with fellow travelers; we really appreciate this. Logically I am very proud to learn that you had a comfortable stay in our hotel, great to hear that this was based by both the location and the overall standard in the hotel.

I would like to suggest for future reference never to hesitate for assistance or clarification when needed, since we are there for your convenience and happy to assist. Rest assured that although there is no vending machine for soft drinks, all rooms feature an in-room refreshment center and room service is available 24 hrs. per day.

I hope to be able to welcome you back in Rotterdam someday.

Ecuador
Reviewed November 12, 2013

impecable- great service, comfy room, excellent location and fab food! Right across from Central Train Station- very hard to imrove its location! Front desk, brasserie and room personnell are allways helpful and attentive. Would certainly use it again when back in Rotterdam!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Marklaseve,

We are very grateful for the time you took to share your thoughts on your recent visit to our hotel; this is very much appreciated. I am proud to learn that you experienced your stay with us exactly the way we envisage The Manhattan Experience; superb location, attentive service and good food.

I look forward to welcome you back in the hotel someday, please contact me personally if there is anything else we can do to enhance your stay with us.