“for business a flawless Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Rotterdam Marriott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ecuador
“for business a flawless Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

impecable- great service, comfy room, excellent location and fab food! Right across from Central Train Station- very hard to imrove its location! Front desk, brasserie and room personnell are allways helpful and attentive. Would certainly use it again when back in Rotterdam!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Marklaseve,

We are very grateful for the time you took to share your thoughts on your recent visit to our hotel; this is very much appreciated. I am proud to learn that you experienced your stay with us exactly the way we envisage The Manhattan Experience; superb location, attentive service and good food.

I look forward to welcome you back in the hotel someday, please contact me personally if there is anything else we can do to enhance your stay with us.

Youp Bimbergen – Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

very good location, 2 min walk from central station, rooms very new and clean, have everything what you need, can walk everywhere , but breakfast really expensive 28 euro i think :(
very nice place to go for drink 1nul8, and best disco in city is in Cinema club :) reception wasnt much helpful to advise us where to go, so batter research places which you want o visit before you come to hotel :)

Room Tip: all rooms nice, we asked for higher floor-its nice view of city :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Solnishko A,

I would like to thank for staying with us and taking some of your time to post your experiences on this website. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel. I am sorry to hear though that not of all of our staff members were able to advise you on the latest hotspots, be sure to contact our Concierge on your next visit for the latest around town.

Because I can highly recommend our breakfast offering I would like to suggest you to consider booking a rate including breakfast on a future visit; when booked in advance a friendlier price is applicable.

I hope to be able to welcome you again in the great city of Rotterdam.

Warm regards,
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We visited Rotterdam to have dinner in the Parkheuvel restaurant.
The restaurant made our booking for a hotel in Rotterdam and they booked The Manhattan.

We arrived early and our rooms were ready.
The rooms are not really big and look really tired.
The hotel needs a complete refurbishment.

We asked the front desk to order us a taxi to go to the restaurant.
The taxis were 20 minutes late, I don't know whether this was a fault by the hotel or the taxi drivers.

We also asked to open the doors between two connecting rooms 3 times! Guess what, when we returned from the restaurant, the doors were still locked.

Before we went to our rooms after dinner, we visited the bar.
The prices for a coffee, a tea, a glass of champagne is really expensive (even more expensive than a 2* restaurant).

Breakfast was good, but very crowded.

Next time that I will go to the Parkheuvel restaurant, I will ask that they book the Hilton for me.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Antwerp-Burboy,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and taking the time to share some feedback with us on your recent visit. I am very sorry to learn that we were not able to meet your expectations; it seems to be a combination of factors that all together led to a unsatisfying visit, which I regret.

Needless to say, this does not reflect our level of service and true passion for hospitality and I hope we will have another chance to let you experience this. Please contact me directly in case you are planning a future visit to Rotterdam, so I can personally take care of your bookings.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel many times over the last few years, however after always enjoying it I think that standards are really starting to slip. Its still "ok" but not what it was, and certainly shouldnt be classed as a 5 star Hotel any longer.

Its in need of a refurb. All areas are starting to look tired and the rooms are getting toward a little dingy. Marked and chipped furniture, dirty valances on the beds etc if you look close. Staff are nice and many have been here a awhile, but they soon agree with you as soon as you mention its not what it was.

On this trip, in particular we noticed that Gowns are no longer provided in the rooms as on every other trip, plus the premium brands in the mini bar are no longer there. Staff let us know it was a decision of the "new management" to not provide this in the rooms and only Executive rooms now have this. No 5 star Hotel would take that conscious decision. As soon as we mentioned it they reacted very well and had Gowns provided, and mini bar correctly stocked, with a nice card in the room, but should you have to ask? We also visited the bar at 8pm on a Friday night. No bar stools and no seating as they had been removed for a function elsewhere? Whats that about? Really poor and we didnt stay.

In the years we have been visiting this Hotel the area outside has had construction. However its now beyond a joke with heavy machinery on all sides of the Hotel really spoiling the area. I now would think twice about staying here due the construction and the noise. We were in a 7th floor room and it was VERY loud inside. It stopped over the weekend or we would have moved, but I would not like to be here with that going on personally.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bax52
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Bax52,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and your loyalty over the past years, many thanks too for the provided feedback, since it is with this feedback we are able to evaluate and improve our product and services.

I am very sorry that based on your recent visit you get the feeling that standards are dropping and the level of service is declining. I can assure you though that staff training and providing traditional hospitality is still our top priority and aim, and I sincerely regret the fact that you got a different impression during your latest stay.

Bax52, again my sincere apologies for not being able to meet your expectations on this visit, I hope to be able to welcome you back in Rotterdam though. Please contact me directly when planning a future visit, so I can personally take care your bookings. Rest assured that from March 2014 the Central Station and its surroundings will be completely finished, a moment we too look forward to very much!

Nice, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Been coming here for years, but have not been for a few - since it left the Starwood group. Unfortunately is now starting to look a little tired and worn out, but still a comfortable hotel in the city centre. Staff excellent. Within walking distance to restaurants and shopping and opposite the station. Good views if you get the right rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ethee,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your thoughts with fellow travelers on this website. I am glad to read that you value the provided service level by our staff members; needless to say the location is indeed really central and will only get more attractive when the new Central Station and its surrounding are finished.

I would like to ask you to share some more details with regards to your comments about the looks of the hotel; please contact me directly on youp.bimbergen@manhattanhotelrotterdam.com so I can thoroughly investigate this.

I look forward to welcome you back in the hotel on your next visit.

Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I'm sure you're all getting terribly bored with my annual praise of this hotel but a hotel of this quality and excellence deserves to be applauded every year.

I've been returning to this hotel every year for the last five years or so and the reasons why?

Here are just a few;

The staff take great care to treat you like a person and make you feel like a valued guest. Any problems are swiftly resolved and everyone is incredibly helpful and friendly.

The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable. I sleep better here than I do in my own flat. To find a hotel with comfortable pillows is a gem to be treasured. The hotel has recently changed its linen and it's softer and more luxurious than ever.

The Executive Lounge, for those staying in Executive Suites, is wonderful. Complementary drinks are available all day, and the wine provided in the evening is of a good quality. The snacks provided are also incredibly moreish. It's quiet but also you feel comfortable in striking up a conversation with fellow guests.

The hotel is a quiet place overall.

It's location is superb. Ten minutes by taxi from Rotterdam Hague Airport and directly in front of Centraal Station. It's also within short walking distances of all the cultural venues and the excellent offerings of shops and restaurants.

Will I be returning next year? Of course! I've already booked my reservation for June 2014!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Audrey-Jane,

Thank you very much for your kind words and your continuing loyalty and support; this is much appreciated!

I am proud to learn that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations yet again; your comments will be shared within the teams, since it serves as a great motivation to all of us.

Again, thank you very much for your stay, we all look forward to welcome you back in 2014.
Warm regards,

Youp Bimbergen - Guest Relations Manager
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a comfortable business hotel in the city centre, next to the futuristic main station. At the moment the surrounding area is building site, so there are good deals to be had (and as long as you request a room high up it isn't noisy). The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and for breakfast I went to the big Douwe Egbert coffee house close by. I ate at the Vapiano, which was inexpensive and excellent value for a lone traveller. I would probably stay again, mainly as it's convenient for the rail station.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Byron R,

Thank you for choosing the Manhattan Hotel as your preferred place to stay and taking some of your valuable time to share your comments.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and explored the vicinity of the hotel for other places worth-recommending. Rest assured that the futuristic main station will be even more spectacular when all works are finished; expect this to be March 2014.

I look forward to welcome you back in the hotel.