“EXCELLENT again - every year, it remains one of my favourite hotels!”

Rotterdam Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I'm sure you're all getting terribly bored with my annual praise of this hotel but a hotel of this quality and excellence deserves to be applauded every year.

I've been returning to this hotel every year for the last five years or so and the reasons why?

Here are just a few;

The staff take great care to treat you like a person and make you feel like a valued guest. Any problems are swiftly resolved and everyone is incredibly helpful and friendly.

The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable. I sleep better here than I do in my own flat. To find a hotel with comfortable pillows is a gem to be treasured. The hotel has recently changed its linen and it's softer and more luxurious than ever.

The Executive Lounge, for those staying in Executive Suites, is wonderful. Complementary drinks are available all day, and the wine provided in the evening is of a good quality. The snacks provided are also incredibly moreish. It's quiet but also you feel comfortable in striking up a conversation with fellow guests.

The hotel is a quiet place overall.

It's location is superb. Ten minutes by taxi from Rotterdam Hague Airport and directly in front of Centraal Station. It's also within short walking distances of all the cultural venues and the excellent offerings of shops and restaurants.

Will I be returning next year? Of course! I've already booked my reservation for June 2014!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Audrey-Jane,

Thank you very much for your kind words and your continuing loyalty and support; this is much appreciated!

I am proud to learn that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations yet again; your comments will be shared within the teams, since it serves as a great motivation to all of us.

Again, thank you very much for your stay, we all look forward to welcome you back in 2014.

Youp Bimbergen - Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a comfortable business hotel in the city centre, next to the futuristic main station. At the moment the surrounding area is building site, so there are good deals to be had (and as long as you request a room high up it isn't noisy). The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and for breakfast I went to the big Douwe Egbert coffee house close by. I ate at the Vapiano, which was inexpensive and excellent value for a lone traveller. I would probably stay again, mainly as it's convenient for the rail station.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Byron R,

Thank you for choosing the Manhattan Hotel as your preferred place to stay and taking some of your valuable time to share your comments.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and explored the vicinity of the hotel for other places worth-recommending. Rest assured that the futuristic main station will be even more spectacular when all works are finished; expect this to be March 2014.

I look forward to welcome you back in the hotel.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a very enjoyable hotel for business. The rooms are great, beds very good, no complaints. Love the view. There is an executive lounge, handy and I think if they dim the lights a little bit you can better enjoy the view. Ideally a skybar and some sort of pool, but that is just wishful thinking. Fine choice, in a good location.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear LivefromAmsterdam,

What a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us; thank you very much for sharing your thoughts.

I am proud to read that you would describe our hotel as a fine choice, in a good location. Combining our central location with comfortable facilities is exactly what we aim for.

I hope to be able to welcome you back in Rotterdam shortly.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stay at this hotel every 6-8 weeks when I am in Rotterdam. I has never disappointed and always works and is located in a very good location just 200 meter from Rotterdam central rail station where you have trains directly to Schiphol airport. apart from being a good hotel they have excellent staff members who are fast and efficient and friendly. breakfast is very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Timetraveller64,

Thank you very much for your loyalty and support; this and the time you spent to share your experiences is very much appreciated!

I am proud to learn that you enjoy your stay with us on regular base; in particular your comments with regards to our staff members and the quality of our breakfast are appreciated.

I look forward to personally welcome you back in the hotel on your next visit, please contact me of any of my colleagues of there is anything we can do to make your visit even more enjoyable.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is everything you would expect- good service, clean and comfortable rooms and great location (perfect location for the train station but somewhat ugly area around it)! It doesn't wow but it certainly doesn't disappoint in any way!

I would certainly stay here again if I happen to be in Rotterdam!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Jaimini82

What a pleasure to learn that we provided you with everything you expect when staying with us, thank you for sharing your thoughts online. I am proud to inform you that we have entered the final stage of the construction works in the vicinity of the hotel and nearing completion, the end result will be rather spectacular.

I hope to be able to welcome you again in the great city of Rotterdam, particularly when your arrival starts with a wow already.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We arrived in Rotterdam at 10:30 in the morning so were too early for check in but we thought we would try to check in anyway. staff were very friendly and although the room wasnt ready yet the women did the check in procedure and we left our luggage to be put in the room when it was ready. we were told the room would be ready in an hour which it was. Rooms were modern and clean. the beds were very comfortable and views very nice. Gym was well equiped with a couple treadmills, bike, cross trainer and weight machines. i wouldnt really say it was a 5 star hotel but certainly a 4 star. A very nice hotel and would go back if we visited Rotterdam again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelLover2910

Dear TravelLover2910

Thank you for your stay with us; I appreciate it very much that you spent some time to share your thoughts on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, particular the service provided when arriving early in Rotterdam, the quality of the beds and the impressive views. I am proud to hear that you would definitely consider staying with us again when visiting the city.

Again, thank you for your stay, I look forward to personally welcome you back in the hotel.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is our favourite in Rotterdam and although we decided to try a budget hotel instead this time, we ended up at the Manhattan within an hour of arriving, so many thanks to the staff for accommodating us with a good price and their usual efficiency! If you're looking for a really comfortable base from which to explore, this is it. The beds are brilliant, the air conditioning is actually effective (see my other reviews), the rooms are spacious and clean and the staff courteous - a very civilised experience all round!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jen L,

Great to hear you enjoyed another stay with us, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with fellow travelers.

I am glad to learn that we were able to accommodate you and your husband for another comfortable stay in our house; particularly your comments with regards to the staff’s efficiency & courtesy will be forwarded to our management team, since it serves as an important motivational tool.

I look forward to welcome you again in the future, please contact me when planning your next visit so I can personally take care of your booking.