Rotterdam Marriott Hotel
$183
$168
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Ibis Rotterdam City Centre(Rotterdam)(Great Value!)
$96
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
$90
$87
Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark(Rotterdam)(Great Value!)
$130
  • Pool
$85
CitizenM
1,624 results
All reviewscentral stationthe executive loungegreat hotelfive star hotelperfect locationseparate showerbusiness triprooms are spaciousjunior suitecity tripbreakfast was excellentnice viewshopping areabreakfast roomcity centremanhattantrain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The room we were allocated was a little tired, but good enough for our weekend break - but the service from the second we arrived to when we left was excellent. I stay in hotels around Europe every week and it is so refreshing to have truly friendly and helpful staff. Wifi for us was good for us throughout the hotel; breakfast buffet was very good (served till 1.30 pm on a Sunday - very civilised!), although some of the serving stations remained empty for just a little too long; overall a good location, short walk into town; and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear John W.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this website and thank you for staying with us on your weekend break in the great city of Rotterdam. I am proud to learn that you truly value our personal & friendly service and the location of the hotel. As far as I know our breakfast hours are the most civislised in town!

With regards to the status of the room; I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the room number or reservation details with me by email in order to further investigate this, youp.bimbergen@manhattanhotelrotterdam.com.

I look forward to personally welcome you back in the hotel!

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Manhattan has been my go-to hotel in Rotterdam for years because they have a nice gym in the building and a nice breakfast buffet. I was a bit disappointed this visit in the wireless internet service. It wasn't very strong when I was trying to do a call using voice over ip.

Although a small thing, I was also disappointed that I did not have a bottle of water or waffle cookie in my room like I have for so many times before. So I assumed that the hotel was no longer doing that. When I mentioned it to my colleague who stays there less often than I do, she said that she had these things in her room and we were on the same corporate rate.

I will definitely stay here again although my collleagues often stay at The Hilton right down the street so I may be tempted to try there.

I was very impressed that they did have an iphone 5 cord to loan me since I left mine at home.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank carolesau
YoupBimbergen, Guest Relations Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Carol E,

First of all I would like to thank you for your loyalty over the past years; we highly value our frequent guests and welcome the opportunity for improvement that your feedback provides us. I am proud to learn that you appreciate our location, the service level and an excellent night sleep. I am however sorry for not completely meeting your expectations during this particular stay.

May I kindly request you to inform me in case you will be staying with us in the future so I can look after your reservation and room preferences?
You can contact me per email on youp.bimbergen@manhattanhotelrotterdam.com.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days while I attended the North Sea Jazz Festival, the room was spacious and very comfortable. I felt safe and it was centrally located and close to public transportation. Breakfast was very good and the staff was friendly and attentive. I celebrated my birthday while at the Manhattan Hotel and the front desk staff surprised me by sending a bottle of wine to my room.to help me celebrate, I was really touched. I plan to the festival again and hopefully I can return to this hotel

Room Tip: Made a mistake but there is no pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RonaS_11

Dear RonaS_11,

Thank you very much for your kind words on Tripadvisor and thank you for staying with us during the jazz festival. I find it great to learn that you highly value the comfort and space of our rooms, as well as the location of the hotel. Needless to say we were honored that you choose our hotel to celebrate your birthday, it was a pleasure being a part of it.

I hope to be able to welcome you again in Rotterdam; please contact our reservations department for early bird promotions for the NSJ next year!

Best regards,

Reviewed July 18, 2013

About 9 years ago I used to come often to Rotterdam for business and stay at this hotel (branded Westin at that time). I thought it was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. So, I was really thrilled to come back again.
I stayed for 2 nights. Location was the same; simply perfect ;-) Rooms are as big as before. Bathroom could have been cleaner; the marble in the bathroom was stained, joints in the bathroom would tell you there is a bit more effort needed to keep up with aging and that the hotel would need to go to renovation not far from now. Next day the cleaner left a used boarding pass from another traveller on my desk; I brought it to the reception and they said ‘this should not have happened’. I agreed.
When I checked in I was told that the breakfast is not included in my room rate and when I asked for WiFi I was told I have to pay 22 Euro to access. I thought it is too high for few hours I would need to log in and decided not to pay for it. Next morning I woke up at 4am, due to a bus (?) or trailer keeping his engine on. Very noisy. I decided to skip the breakfast, go earlier to the office to do the work that I would have done it in the hotel the night before. But then, I felt the enjoyment of being in a 5 stars hotel (not sure about the stars honestly), by not being able to stay in touch with my family and friends and not having a good quality sleep was all gone. I felt really disappointed.
Next evening I met one of my colleagues who told me the receptionist explained that the WiFi is complimentary in the room for his rate plan. And breakfast comes much cheaper also. I checked again at the reception and she confirmed this time, that I have the same rate plan as my colleague. I found it weird that they did not tell me first time to start with; and I am still sad for my wasted night in communication and wasted morning...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rashela

Dear Rashela,

First I would like to thank you for your loyalty in the past and for taking some time to share your feelings with regards to your latest stay online. As you experienced the location has not changed over the years, neither has the size of the rooms; good to notice that you still appreciate this.

Secondly I would like to apologize for not meeting your most important expectation: feeling the enjoyment of staying in a 5 star hotel, where you do not need to worry about a single thing since everything would be taken care of. This is certainly not the level of service as we envisage it when talking about the Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam.

I hope that someday in the (near) future we will be able to show you the Manhattan experience as we envisage it; please inform me personally so I can take care of your reservation through youp.bimbergen@manhattanhotelrotterdam.com.

Best regards,