“Impeccable Lodging & Service, less 1-star for punitive internet” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rotterdam Marriott Hotel

Rotterdam Marriott Hotel
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York
“Impeccable Lodging & Service, less 1-star for punitive internet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Generally considered to be the best hotel in Rotterdam. But I only stay here if they have a special rate that's competive with the other 4-stars in the area like the Bilderberg or the Inntel. I only visit this city for business and the location is very convenient for this.

Like many hotels in Rotterdam, this one features a punitive internet. They price it like a traffic ticket. Normally, I don't mind paying extra for good, unthrottled internet. However, even after applying the substantial cost - the internet is anyway throttled.

The price difference over the other hotels

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank fflex80
ManhattanHotel, General Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear fflex80,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback online. I am proud to note that you regard The Manhattan Hotel as the best hotel in Rotterdam and that you appreciate our location.

Your remarks regarding internet will certainly be passed on to our IT manager.

If you have to travel to Rotterdam more often we could discuss offering you a competitive rate. May I ask our account manager to contact you directly regarding this? In case you are interested in this you could provide my assistant Ester Zandstra (ester.zandstra@manhattanhotelrotterdam.com) with your contact details.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel personally on the occasion of your next visit.

WJR Cross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rotterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Good hotel, great location. Stayed over marathon weekend. 5 min walk to the start. Perfect for a quick return with tired legs. Would recommend it. Good selection of restaurants next door and only 5 mins to the Imax cinema.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

ManhattanHotel, General Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Mr. James D,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful feedback according to the recent stay in The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam on the Trip advisor forum.

As you have mentioned that the hotel is centrally located and is easily accessible by any public transportation.

Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve our services and provide our valued guest a memorable experience. I thus thank you again for having shared us your experience

We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next visit in Rotterdam.

Best regards,

Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I spent 2 nights in the manhattan hotel. Nothing to complain about except maybe the fact that for a 5 star hotel I would have expect a sauna or a turkish bath.
bedroom was nice, I enjoyed the free newspaper, the goodies and the breakfast :)
Breakfast is very good but it was a little bit annoying to have to ask for tea,coffee all the time. Cups were small and there was no self service for drinks so we have to ask all the time to get more coffee.

Room Tip: I was bedroom 417 and I have to say it was very very quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BarbaraDublin,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our room and our service. Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve upon our service and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.

All in all we are very happy that you wrote these comments and shared them with us.

Please do make sure you come back of course!

Warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Only stayed at this 5* hotel as I found an offer which made the price similar to many of the 3* and 4*. What a good choice though ! Location is opposite the train station, idea for getting rid of bags, also very well served by the good tram system. Hotel is new so everything is still shiny and works (brilliant lifts). Only staff we had dealings with were at receiption and room servicing, all were lovely and very efficient.
Only downside would have been the price of dining - 15 to 28 euros was enough for us to avoid the breakfast, and bar prices were probably very steep. There's a nice little cafe 10yards from the hotel entrance and lots of good bars and eateries all over the city.

Room Tip: Had room 507, but I would imagine all the rooms are very good, busy outside but couldn't hear an...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brian1937,

Thank you for sharing such a nice comment on the Trip Advisor. We do happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay among us.

I have noted your constructive feedback regarding the price of our breakfast. We guarantee you that when comparing to other 5 stars hotels in The Netherlands, our prices stay much competitive

Once again thank you for having chosen The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam and look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future for another Manhattan experience.

Best regards,

Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 nights in an executive room. I must say this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The staff were very helpful, nothing was too much trouble, they were polite, knowledgeable and obviously happy in their work.

The room was on the 11th floor with a good view, breakfast was excellent and the gym wa very modern.

Pay the extra and go for he executive rooms, you have access to the executive lounge with complimentary drinks and snacks.

Highly recommended.!!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jcmarlow,

So glad you like us so much!

Our team a whole list of talents indeed does a stellar job, don’t they?
Rests assure we will pass on your message to them.

I hope to see you back again soon.

W.J.R. Cross - General Manager
Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We are not very satisfied about our staying - nothing wrong overall but not up to expectation for a 5 stars - rooms not very clean and old furnished. Only the lobby is of a 5 stars. Breakfast is good but very expensive (28,5euro) - I would not recommend it

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

ManhattanHotel, General Manager at Rotterdam Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Goran M,

Thank you for sharing the feedback regarding your recent visit on Tripadvisor.com.

I am sorry to hear that you weren’t very satisfied about your stay at the hotel. Providing an excellent guest experience is our main goal here at the hotel so I regret to hear that we apparently didn’t succeed in this during your stay.

Please allow me to personally take care of your reservation in case you decide to stay with us again in the future. May I ask you to contact me directly at the Executive Office on that occasion? Hopefully we get the chance to prove that staying at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam should be a very pleasant experience.

Many thanks and kind regards,

WJR Cross – General Manager
Wormleysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Manhatten for a business trip to Rotterdam. The hotel was recommended by a colleague, because it was within walking distance of our local office. I was very impressed with the hotel and the amenities. I stay in the Netherlands frequently and found the room to be more comfortable than many of the hotels that I have stayed at in Amsterdam. The bed and pillows were very comfortable (and I am picky!).
My breakfast was included in my room rate, so I went to the restaurant each morning. I was very pleased with the offerings - hot food such as eggs, sausages, mushrooms and oatmeal. There was a variety of fresh fruit, cheeses, meats and breads, along with fruit juices. I thought it was nice and the staff was very pleasant.
Only one (very minor) issue to report on. I was close to the end of my toothpaste and stopped at the front desk after my gym work out to ask for more- the staff said they would have it sent up to the room.....still waiting. Had to ask again later in the day and the desk man kindly gave me some immediately.
I'd recommend the hotel and would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Shipokemom,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay at The Manhattan Hotel Rotterdam.

I am pleased to note that you valued the quality of the hotel and that you enjoyed our new breakfast setup. My apologies for the miscommunication regarding the toothpaste, this should of course have been followed up adequately.

Many thanks again for your kind feedback. I hope to be able to welcome you back personally on the occasion of your next visit.

WJR Cross – General Manager