“Good quality hotel”

Rotterdam Marriott Hotel
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Best hotel in Rotterdam, everything is spacious, rooms are nice and comfortable, beds are amazing!!! Superb bathroom, with bath n separate tube! Breakfast is nice too

If you like modern hotels you ll enjoy this one

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank depo77
Write a ReviewReviews (1,610)

Reviewed June 16, 2011

I was in Rotterdam for one evening to go to the Ahoy concert venue and booked the Manhattan on a recommendation. I was surprised that it was so affordable for a 5-star but then I chose a rate without breakfast (at least I hope it was without breakfast because I didn't have any!).

Whilst perhaps a bit impersonal and aloof as a venue, it is in a great position - right opposite the rail station. There is a lot of construction work going on around the station area but there was no noise intrusion. It was easy to get from the hotel to central Rotterdam for a walkabout, and just as easy to get the metro to the Ahoy.

Large, well appointed room as you would expect. Very well presented and clean with a great comfy bed.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank really_razamataz
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We stayed here the night before we caught the cruise ship. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable hotel. Considering that we had been up for more than 39 hours, the beds were heavenly, and so was the bathroom. We were able to walk to the hotel from the train station (less than 2 blocks), and it was also near the tram if you wanted to take that to the port. Staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank okgirlscout
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed with my girlfriend as a surprise for 1 night at the Manhattan.
Overal exquisite hotel with service to match.

Good:
- We stayed in the Junior Suite, which entitles you room service breakfast rather than enjoying it downstairs (I cannot therefore comment the quality of breakfast in the restaurant). You can choose whatever you want and as much as you want without any additional costs. (fruits were a bit dull, but I can forgive this as it was off-season and the rest of the breakfast was formidable).
- Executive Lounge. Eventhough we entered the Lounge late, it was still well stocked with beers, wines and soft drinks and some light snacks. Excellent view and service and hardly anyone around and we enjoyed this thoroughly.
- Junior suite is HUGE. We were lucky to have been put in a corner room, which made the room even larger than the standard rooms. Added benefit of a corner room is the window in the bathroom for a nice evening soak-view.
- Room service prices were reasonable given the service (champagne starting at 65-70 euros and an absolutely great club sandwich for 15-18 euros)
- Staff were overall very friendly from lending us an umbrella (very stylish one if I may add) to free access to Holland Casino and room service.

- Improvement points:
- Existence of the Executive Lounge was not mentioned pro-actively, fortunately I knew about it so it was not a problem. Should expect someone who pays for a Suite would be informed about this service.
- CD player malfunctioned (however replaced after 2nd request from our side)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MrSayo
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Really close to Rotterdam's Central Train Station, this 5 star hotel is remarkable.
It's high, so you will have a nice view from your window (ask for a high floor room).
I stayed in both a simple room as an upgraded room. It defintely is a big difference.
Rooms are clean. Staff is correct. Breakfast was a bit disappointing for a five star hotel.
This hotel is just waiting for ambiance (which hopefully comes with the years).

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2011

This is the third time I've stayed, the first was when it was part of the Starwood chain as a Westin. What was pure perfection this time round was the fact that they remembered me - it was clear that some of the staff actually recalled me - and they really made an effort to welcome me back.

I booked an Executive Room which is great because you have access to the Executive Lounge and are on a higher floor. the Lounge provides complimentary soft and other beverages, and is quiet with access to a pc and printer. It was lovely to have a nice glass of wine on a Friday evening to relax,

After the first two nights, I wanted to switch rooms and this was no problem at all. As i went off for a run on the Friday morning - around 6.30 am, I mentioned my wish to reception and when I came back just over an hour later, they had allocated me a perfect room and another 2 hours later or so, I had completely re-settled in my new room.

Turn-down service on Executive Floor rooms is a nice touch.

Everyone is so helpful and friendly and for someone who continues to learn and splutter and stutter in her efforts to learn Dutch, their patience is truly amazing!

I literally do not grow tired of staying here and recommend business and leisure travellers to stay here.

If I HAD to criticise something - and i have mentioned this to Manhattan's team - is the fact that there is no free WiFi available to Executive Room guests. I find this unusual as it is a feature within many Hiltons. There is a pc in the Executive Lounge and I never had a problem getting a chance to use the pc but it would be nice to use my own notebook/laptop in my room.

Otherwise, this is truly a remarkable hotel and I have added World Hotels chain to my list of three preferred chains.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Sheena M
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Rooms:
I was lucky to get upgraded to a corner room on the 11th floor, great views, spacious room, flatscreen tv, well-stocked minibar, filter coffee and tea provided for free. The only thing I would change would be to have a harder mattress, but that's personal taste as my back gets a bit sore on soft mattresses.

Food:
Decent, I had both room service and ate in the brasserie.

Service:
Great staff, very friendly. Yvonne at reception directed me to the nearest hospital, when I returned from my treatment I found a get-well card from her and a bowl of fruit in my room. These kind of personal touches make your stay a lot more pleasant.

Internet:
The charges are €10 per hour or €22 per day (they also have 48 hour and weekly tariffs). This was the only low note of my stay, I find it ridiculous that much cheaper hotels such as Best Western and Novotel provide you with free internet, but the moment you go to a 4 or 5 star hotel like Hilton, Marriott or Manhattan you have to pay extortionate prices.

Gym:
Decent sized gym on the first floor with a range of running machines, rowing machines, bicycle, free weights and exercise machines.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business