“Affordable”
Review of Hotel Rotterdam

Hotel Rotterdam
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights during a conference at the Beurs World Trace Center. It is actually walking distance from the hotel to the WTC, 10-15 walk on the winter morning is good. It takes around the same time walking to Amsterdam Centraal Station.
This a simple business hotel. Free wifi and clothes iron (self service) at every floor. No gym is the disadvantage as I try to make it a point to stay in hotel with gym.
Overall the hotel room is mediocre, the shower in the bathroom is very responsive.
Breakfast spread was limited to pastries, ham, cheese, cereal, coffee/tea and juices.
Worth it for the price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ericysc

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here for one night with my partner in October as we were attending a concert at De Doelen that evening.

The hotel is easy to find from the central railway station - a short, pleasant walk of around 10 minutes. This was vital to us as both our arrival into and departure from Rotterdam would be via train and time would be of the essence.

As well as location, our other requirements were a good shower and a value for money price as Rotterdam seemed to be fairly lacking in hotels overall and the few that we could find were expensive.

This ended up being a perfect choice as it ticked all the boxes. In addition to this, there was a fabulous all you can eat buffet breakfast included in the room rate which featured hot foods (sausage, beans, various types of egg), sliced cold meats and cheeses, a choice of cereals, yoghurts and boxes of chocolatey sprinkles to accompany these, juices, teas, coffee and so much more.

This was an excellent bonus for us as we stay in budget hotels often but generally, the breakfast is something you have to pay extra for (so we tend not to bother and eat breakfast elsewhere) but on this occasion, we literally filled our boots and went back for seconds (and thirds!!). We had a train to catch to Brussels straight after breakfast and a busy day and night ahead and this kept us going all day!

It's possible that some rooms here are better than others as some friends also stayed and mentioned they had a balcony/modern fixtures, and whilst our room was perfectly adequate for our needs, it was a little spartan (the bathroom in particular could have benefitted from modernisation) - but everything was very clean and did the job!

The staff we dealt with during our stay were very friendly. Reception upon both check-in and check-out were friendly and professional.

The small, cosy bar area was a pleasant place to sit and share a bottle of wine with friends upon our return to the hotel after the concert.

We paid less than £40 for our stay here and this represented wonderful value for money. We would have no hesitation in returning to the Hotel Rotterdam.

Thank you to all of the staff who made our stay very pleasant!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LukewarmCatastrophe
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hotel is not so modern as other buildings in Rotterdam, but it's comfortable and lucky situated. We liked it! Breakfasts were very tasty

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Location of this hotel is very easy to reach, just 10min of walk from the Rotterdam Centraal train station. Reception staff smiling and very helpful. Rooms clean and nice, WiFi working very good. Breakfast very tasty. - Everything for a reasonable price! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2012

when i booked this hotel I was basing it on price and was very pleasantly surprised to have have found it. I had a single room for only 1 night and it was perfect, Very Comfortable bed, warm blanket and pillow.

The Location is very close to the Central Train Station. There were plenty of places to eat close by and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Well i had a very good stay here very good quality rooms and very clean the staff are all very friendly and helpful , the breakfast has a very good choice to choose from and the price of the rooms are very reasonable maybe the cheapest 4star of great quality that you will find in rotterdam , i would recomend this hotel to all travellers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Arrived fairly late last night and was a little disappointed to see a very old facade in the midst of an almost 'dead' street in downtown Rotterdam. From the cab several steps up to the door and interior...I am traveling for over a week in Europe on business and have a bit to haul! Inside, absolutely fine reception staff in this 'old world' hotel. Check in was fast and all my stuff was ready. I went to my room, small and spartan but clean and looking over a block interior lined with apartments, etc. So all is very quiet. First test was of the WiFi signal. One the better ones I've encountered in a hotel recently, fast and no difficult log-on procedure. Once connected, logon is now automatic. First chance I had had during the day to catch up on stateside email, etc. Next issue was a meal...restaurant was closed (it was 10 p.m. or later) but I was able to get a sandwich along with a decent drink in the small bar. This morning I was pleasantly surprised by an abundance of hot water and a strong flow rate...excellent shower! Breakfast was also quite nice.

I am just under 10 minute walk from the center of the fine shopping district and the World Trade Center, venue for the meeting I am attending.

This is a good find in a location otherwise offering some fairly high end hotels and prices. My room cost is reasonable and so far I more than pleased. Shouldn't have assumed from the outside that it would be a dump.

I have 3 more nights here but I already know I would opt to stay here again on future visits.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business