“Nice Hotel..HORRIBLE experience!”

Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 27, 2014

After traveling all day, we arrived at the hotel & long story short...we handed the receptionist all of our print-outs and reservation information & she said she couldn't find us. She dabbled around some more and said something in Dutch with the rudest look on her face and then disappeared for a good 10mins. She came back and said that she would have her co-worker look into it. We sat around for at least 25 more mins before we even got a follow up of what was going on. The same receptionist came finally and said she was on the phone verifying the reservation and they gave her an estimated wait time. We have two children and were dog tired...the receptionist came over and demanded a credit card and they were gonna make us a new reservation until they resolved the situation. I was running out of patience and my kids were tired so I gave her my card(even though my reservation had already been paid in full once) & went to our room. We waited a good 2hrs before we left the hotel and still no response or progress on our reservation. I called myself using wifi in our room and got through IMMEDIATELY each time..even when signal kept dropping. I was told that the hotel shouldn't have recharged me for anything and they called to handle it. No clue who they spoke with because the charges are STILL pending on my husbands acct which is crap. I told the other receptionist about our stay and she wasn't much help. I feel as if I was lied to about them even looking into it and to top it off, our kids broke out from the sofa bed that was already made up and tucked inside of a dusty couch with other peoples hair and crumbs. Thankfully the male receptionist that night gave us new covers right away. I loved the hotel location, décor and breakfast staff was GREAT! I just hate that nothing was done about my reservation they didn't find until they "refreshed" their system.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MzTiny2you
NovotelBrainpark, Front Office Manager at Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I'm very sorry to hear your check-in in our hotel was not as it is supposed to be. Please accept my apologies. Would you be so kind to send me your name or room number to my personal email address so I can look into the matter and take the appropriate measures to prevent future occurrence. Again my apologies and thank you very much in advance.

H1134-DM@accor.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed May 23, 2014

The room is very clean, very comfortable, but extremely noise. It seems the roof was made of paper because I could hear every step of the person above.

The breakfast was good, but the waiters could not be ruder. I mean it. I cannot think of people ruder than those guys.

The best thing about this hotel? it is 5 minutes walking from Erasmus University.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
NovotelBrainpark, Front Office Manager at Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.
I'm very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet all of your expectations and I would like to offer you my apologies. Of course I have shared your comments with our F&B manager and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the matter and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Although this is a little outside the city proper, it is a short taxi ride in and is walkable for that matter. The rooms are plain but comfortable - nothing to write home about, but equally nothing to complain about. Great location for Erasmus University, which is just across the street. Book a taxi in the morning as they are hard to find otherwise. Wide choice of food for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
NovotelBrainpark, Front Office Manager at Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for posting a positive review with regard to your stay at Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark. We very much appreciate it and hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

The common areas are of modern design and well maintained. Requests are being followed upon accurately. Especially a big thank you for the two ladies who were looking after us with a amile and great care. (during the sunday breakfast!)

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. It’s always a pleasure to read that our guests appreciated our quality of service. Of course I will share you compliments with our entire team. I look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

If you don't expect too much, it's ok. The room was clean. The bathrobe had a serious chemical smell. The cabin directory was worn out and needed to be replaced. The mattress was ok. Service at check out basic. No one asked e.g. how I liked it. FD basics could be improved but that's maybe me. Maybe I'm too picky. Restaurant was nice, attentive, friendly and the food was good. Advert in restaurants that all wines are available by glass but at the end only option for Sauvignon blanc and Chardonnay. The value for money was good. Overall a good stay just a little lack of supervision and details.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
NovotelBrainpark, Front Office Manager at Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
You are definitely not too picky and we would like to make sure we can better serve you next time.
Would you therefore be so kind to inform us in which room and when you stayed with us?
I would be very appreciative. Please see my contact details below.
Thank you again and I hope to welcome you in the future.

+31 (0)10 253 25 32 | H1134-DM@accor.com

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed here for the first time and got an upgrade to an executive room.
The service in the restaurant was a bit slow but there were several groups staying over (tour buses) and the place was packed. Service was good, I enjoyed my stay. Nothing extraordinary but you don't stay here unless you are on the road for business.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

They don't know the word - service & client. You will be lucky if you get your order at the bar in 15 min. dinner time - short in staff. Pillow smells musty. Knocking at the door at 9 am when sighted - don't disturb. Condition hardly works. Charge for breakfast even if you are not going to eat - telling you that they can not control who attends & who doesn't. It is far from the city center near noisy autobahn with the people over 60 y.o.
Better skip this hotel.

Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us. These are not customary facts in our hotel and they do not reflect in any way the quality of service we are used to providing.

To prevent future occurance, would you be so kind to inform me whether you shared this during your stay as well and whom you spoke to? If you would be so kind to contact me via email: h1134-dm@accor.com or provide me with your phone number so that I can contact you directly to further discuss this matter, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you again and it is my hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.