“A truly high-end restaurant...”

Wereldmuseum Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 1,052 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Noordeloos, The Netherlands
“A truly high-end restaurant...”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Wereldmuseum (World [Culture] Museum) features a renowned art collection, and has a beautiful restaurant downstairs with the same "high-end" atmosphere as the museum. I recommend it for a formal dinner, and be prepared for a corresponding tab. The food is refined, the service very friendly, as can be expected.

• Visited August 2012

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Exceptional Service with the most Perfect Presentation of Every Delicious Course”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Went to this restaurant with two friends, I wasn't quite sure what to expect (too fancy, too expensive, too... ) To my great delight and surprise, the setting was not formal, but relaxed, casual, but upscale...perfect. There was a very nice selection of food, however, my friends and I decided to try the 4-course menu, following the amuse that was served. We have nothing but positive feedback to provide. The dishes were so elegantly presented, each dish provided different flavors and were exceptional tasting. The service was, for me, the most amazing of all - in that I have never, in my 15 years of living in the Netherlands, had such attentive but non-intrusive waiters who were easily able to explain in Dutch or English what every dish was, how it was prepared and the flavor of what to expect. They refilled our glasses without us once having to ask, they left us alone, but were attentive if we looked questioning at something and they were simply fantastic!!! The setting was wonderful, with an open kitchen where you can observe the preparations of each dish, and the seats were the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in while eating dinner! Would recommend this place over and over and over!!!

• Visited June 2012
Heemskerk, the Netherlands
“World museum, world class cuisine”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Invited for lunch here by a close associate, I was amazed by the quality and, most of all, the finesse of this restaurant's servings. Extremely attentive service, with a nice informal touch but still very correct. Perhaps a bit too detailed descriptions of the various dishes on the menu, but then again: once served they proved to be every bit as perfect to the detail promised. I decided to go for the special of the day, worth it alone for the trouble the waiter went through to mention just about every single ingredient (once again, perhaps a bit too much, but too friendly to blame anyone). Very thoroughly matched tastes, every bite a sensation. Truly great. Portions were perfect, too. Never too crazy about dessert, this left me just the space to be lured into having it this time. Worth it: enjoyed another perfect match of different tastes, perfectly portioned. Last but not least, the wine cellar very well stocked. I had never heard of the World Museum, have not visited the museum yet, but now have the best possible excuse of doing so in the near future. Because we'll have lunch at this restaurant once again. World class cuisine.

• Visited May 2012
Schiedam
“Excellent for having some nice wine”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We decided to visit the restaurant after visiting the museum. First of all the museum time was amazing. Then for refreshening we decided to go and enjoy some refreshment in the restaurant., and to our surprise the wine menu was exquisite. The idea of the wereld ´world´ is also applicable to the wide selection of wine they are having.

I totally recommend the place, specially because is in front of the river and you will have an amazing glass of wine with an unforgettable view of the river.

• Visited March 2012
toronto
“A unique spot”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We had a private dinner in a room on the 4th floor and that was truly unique. A great view over the "Nieuwe Waterweg" with ships coming buy and a perfect picture of the very special design of the Willemsbrug.
From the moment we walked in till when we left we were taken care of very well. The food was phenomenal and the service just perfect.
There is also a regular restaurant and bar on the ground floor which were very good.

• Visited April 2012