Hampshire Hotel - Savoy Rotterdam
$389
$332
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark(Rotterdam)(Great Value!)
$116
$158
$151
Travelocity
1,246 results
All reviewsblaak stationmarket hallcubic housesdouble bedcity centrewalking distancetop floorthe location is perfectstar hotelbusiness tripold harbourpleasant stayhotel is situatednice roomhoogstraatdeskmarkthal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. We were lucky enough to have read this site and requested a room on the 7th floor facing the street at the front - one of very few rooms that has a little balcony. The one we had didn't have a little study area like some mentioned on this site but that wasn't something we needed. It was also quieter than those rooms lower down. The room itself was fairly small, but adequate. The shower was miniscule. The balcony was nice to have, but there were no chairs out there which was such a shame. The only chair in the room was a large fabric covered one, so couldn't be taken out. Having a couple of chairs out there would have been lovely to sit with a drink or two. You couldn't hold the door open either - people had tied plastic bags around the railings and handles. Breakfast was a ridiculous 16 euros per person per day and internet in room 15 euros per day. Otherwise no food is served at the hotel. There are four internet terminals in the foyer, however they don't work that well and every few minutes clear all the sites you're viewing which is a bit of a pain. I managed to check emails and book our next hotel, it just took a bit longer than usual to do it. But hey, it's free and convenient and does the job unless you need a long session on the internet. The hotel have very inflexible policies and I didn't feel were that reasonable about discussing it. For eg I overheard someone leaving a day early (checking out early in the morning) who had to pay for the next night also and the receptionist just kept repeating over and over the same few words "it's the hotel policy" rather than trying to acknowledge the persons individual situation which might have made them feel a bit better about it. They also demanded a deposit of 50 euros for "extras". I said that we would pay cash for any extras and the receptionist just kept repeating "we need a credit card, which credit card will you use". Frustrating. The location was convenient for us. There's a market on Tuesdays and Sundays about 2 minutes from the hotel which we really enjoyed. It has a huge range of fabrics and related sewing stuff, "antiques" flowers etc. Depends what you're in to. Food etc also. Cheeses, olives. Clothing. A possibly useful tip is that you can book your train to Blaak station which is easy walking distance to the hotel.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelkitkatnz
EdenSavoy, Sales Executive at Hampshire Hotel - Savoy Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hereby would like to thank you very much for reaction on "tripadvisor". This information is very usefull for us and we will certainly use this information to gain the best out of this.

For 2010 we're planning to have internet complimentary on every room to check your e-mail. Further more we looking to expand our facilities in our bar/restaurant to serve more dishes so our guests can also have dinner in our own restaurant.
Referring to our balcony's on the rooms on the 7th floor, we're also are looking for some nice chairs and a table so guests can sit properly outside as well.

For any questions, remarks or anything else. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as well on my personal e-mail: vincent.penseel@edenhotelgroup.com

Kind regards,

Vincent Penseel
Sales Executive
Eden Savoy Hotel Rotterdam

Reviewed July 20, 2008

This is a nice hotel with a very friendly reception - volunteering information before you ask. I was immediately offered maps and advice on how to get to places. I have found the Dutch people to be very pleasant and nice throughout my stay. I checked in around 10:30am and my room was already ready. It was a bit noisy on the 3rd floor, even with the window shut. Also my room was next to the lift. I stayed on a Sunday night so the streets were quieter from midnight however I can imagine it probably gets a bit louder on Friday/Saturday nights! The room was a nice size with an extremely comfortable bed. The bathroom was a little on the small side however had a great power shower! It was very easy to use which makes a difference. In the reception area there are 4 internet machines which are free to use although I could not see a printer. I didn't eat at the hotel but they do serve breakfast only. Reception kindly recommended a nice Italian restaurant a few minutes away which was reasonably priced. The hotel is located near to tube stations and also it is possible to walk to the central station. When I arrived in Rotterdam I took a taxi from the central station to the hotel and it cost 7.50 euros. I would probably stay here again however request a room higher up.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2008

I stayed at the Eden Savoy because of work in Rotterdam.
Although not a regular business traveller, the hotel accomodated to my needs;

It was clean, clean towels, clean sheets and room.

Warm shower

Large-medium sized room.

Good breakfast

Facilities for laptop etc (saying this if you want to use Wifi you have to go to the lobby and use it, which was a shame for me staying on level 4!). There are however facilities for high speed internet access (e.g. ethernet cable) think this costs though.

The location is great its more or less in the heart of the city and next to restaurants etc.

I had 3 requests with 3 different members of staff and they were all very helpful.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again. I would say its 3 star not 2 but then I'm no hotel expert person!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2008

I had a great night in the eden savoy in Rotterdam! After a cosy night with friends in the city centre, I slept really well. I had one of the new room on the7th floor with a private balcony and a small extra room where you can work on your laptop with internet access. The bed was great and service likewise. With a portrait of Erasmus above my head and a view over rotterdam, this was a night to remember. Recommend it to anyone.
Service and breakfast were also good.

Niels

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed November 4, 2007

i was neally put off by one review about not taking the car, dont be
the car park across the street is secure and well staffed and cheap if your there for more than one night. The staff are helpful the hotel clean and functional and the breakfast good. If your looking for great charactor then perhaps not this hotel but then you proberbly wont be going to rotterdam. if your on business or want to go to rotterdam then i doubt you will find better than The Eden Savoy. There is a excellent restaurant 50 metres down the road but get reception to make a reservation for you it was fully booked on one of the nights we were there.If your in town for an event at the ahoy then the metro station is 5 min safe walk and takes you straight to the ahoy. all in all cant fault it and for the price we paid midweek ,amazing. ask for a top floor front room all have big balconies.rooms may be a bit small for some tastes but for an ensuite bed, city centre on a budget ,fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple