The title of my review is meant to be ironic. The hotel was indeed good on several fronts but it was let down by the breakfast. The staff were generally friendly. The upgraded room was welcomed and nice, with a good view of the surrounding streets. The location was central to the railways station (it was about a 10 minute walk from the station. You leave the central station at the front and then walk forward to the edge of the station's exterior and take a left. The street seems like a quiet business area. after about 7-8 minutes, if that, you will see the Hilton, across the road, on the corner -- just behind the large fountain. There are various tram and bus stops outside the hotel and if you leave by the back entrance (just by the concierge) turn left and the quickly right you walk about one block and you will find a great restaurant street (with several choices) and behind that several shopping streets. Back at the hotel, the Executive lounge (we are diamond members) were good and roomy and pleasant to hang out in. Its ground floor view of the street was interesting. Shame about the breakfast. On three days we had finished our breakfast before the coffee arrived (without any explanation or apology about the lateness). Once was understandable; three times is a pattern. Then there was the food itself. We have stayed in Hiltons in North America (Canada and the US), several European countries, Vietnam, China and Japan and this ranks as one of the worst breakfasts (the best ever is the Hilton Opera in Hanoi). The food was barely and mostly never replaced when it was depleted and the choices were very limited. The egg station was sometimes missing the chef and even then she forgot my order. In the first time ever we actually skipped breakfast twice in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rotterdam is set in the heart of the vibrant city center - alive with cafes, restaurant and cultural events. Situated within walking distance of the Rotterdam Central Station and only a coffee and a croissant away from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The hotel is located between the entertainment, business and shopping district and the perfect place to explore all that Rotterdam has to offer. A fusion of classic elegance and stylish modernity, Hilton Rotterdam is the ultimate urban retreat. The 254 rooms and suites exude timeless décor, authentic Dutch ambience and home-style warmth. Guests staying in an Executive Room or Suite have access to the exclusive Executive Lounge, where complimentary breakfast, afternoon snacks and all day drinks are served. The hotel offers valet parking, free Wi-Fi in the public areas and a 24/7 fitness. Hilton Rotterdam is proud to host three exciting and enigmatic restaurant concepts. At Roots Rotterdam, we take pride in the high quality ingredients that The Netherlands has to offer and source almost all our produce from local and regional producers. These ingredients are at their best when enjoyed in the season, and therefore we are committed to a high quality seasonal menu. And since we change our menu every quarter, we also adjust our restaurant ambiance to the season. Each season is symbolized by a different color accent, and we play different tunes to set the scene. This way, you can truly experience the season with all your senses. Joelia by Mario Ridder is the one Michelin star restaurant from Mario Ridder, with French oriented cuisine and both classic and innovative dishes. The perfect place to catch up over a cocktail or a bite to eat is cocktail club HUGH. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Rotterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Rotterdam Hotel Rotterdam
- Hilton International Rotterdam
- Rotterdam Hilton International