Overall a great stay. Firm but very comfortable bed. decent size room. public tram transport within steps from hotel on two sides plus right on subway line. Rail Central station is an easy walk with luggage.
Service ranged from superb- strangely the lounge and cafe were impeccable Sun- Monday but spotty on Tues-Wed of my stay. When I arrived the executive lounge lady remembered my husband from a previous stay and greeted me warmly. She asked what I planned to see and offered suggestions on lunch, transport, and other local events like the Tuesday market. She marked my map, filled glasses and was a delight.
The next lounge person was more like lounge monitor. I had been sitting for 20 minutes when she came by and asked my room number and then went to get desk to see if I was legit. She didn't ask everyone so I felt singled out. However later she asked only one person in a group of men so I wasn't the only one- although spot checking reminds me of being the lucky one who gets the TSA pay down at the airport.
The cafe staff were incredibly helpful mon and Tues. The hostess walked me around the buffet and explained the setup- not necessary but a classy service. She also explained that chef would make any egg dish I'd like. And he did- he asked if I liked spicy and he surprised me with a superb veggie omelette. Waitresses offered refills on juice and coffee and quick to offer assistance. The staff on Wed-thurs were ok- did the basic job but nothing special.
Be careful asking questions of the concierge. They are helpful but info is incomplete. We asked for a good restaurant and were recommended an Indonesian restaurant that was closed Mondays. We walked over but doors were shut. Also I asked for tram directions for the harbor tour. When I arrived I learned in low season there was only one tour a day and I missed it. Granted I didn't ask the concierge what time it departed. They are helpful but didnt anticipate my typical traveler problems.
Overall still a great experience. Modern, comfortable and good food. Worth choosing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rotterdam is set in the heart of the vibrant city center - alive with cafes, restaurant and cultural events. Situated within walking distance of the Rotterdam Central Station and only a coffee and a croissant away from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The hotel is located between the entertainment, business and shopping district and the perfect place to explore all that Rotterdam has to offer. A fusion of classic elegance and stylish modernity, Hilton Rotterdam is the ultimate urban retreat. The 254 rooms and suites exude timeless décor, authentic Dutch ambience and home-style warmth. Guests staying in an Executive Room or Suite have access to the exclusive Executive Lounge, where complimentary breakfast, afternoon snacks and all day drinks are served. The hotel offers valet parking, free Wi-Fi in the public areas and a 24/7 fitness. Hilton Rotterdam is proud to host three exciting and enigmatic restaurant concepts. At Roots Rotterdam, we take pride in the high quality ingredients that The Netherlands has to offer and source almost all our produce from local and regional producers. These ingredients are at their best when enjoyed in the season, and therefore we are committed to a high quality seasonal menu. And since we change our menu every quarter, we also adjust our restaurant ambiance to the season. Each season is symbolized by a different color accent, and we play different tunes to set the scene. This way, you can truly experience the season with all your senses. Joelia by Mario Ridder is the one Michelin star restaurant from Mario Ridder, with French oriented cuisine and both classic and innovative dishes. The perfect place to catch up over a cocktail or a bite to eat is cocktail club HUGH. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hilton Rotterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Rotterdam Hotel Rotterdam
- Hilton International Rotterdam
- Rotterdam Hilton International