I forgot that a European double was not a USA 2 person King, so of course my room was set up with two twin beds - wasn't going to work for us. I asked and they promptly changed my room to a king with no problems.
The hotel was great - very accommodating, awesome staff. Breakfast buffet was great (be sure to ask the time it ends because they do close the door and stop seating promptly) I believe that the room service book says 10:30 and the restuarant says 10:00 AM so be clear on the time. The only reason I left off a star from this property is because of the minimal room service late night and the confusing time on the breakfast end time.
We were there for the North Sea Jazz Fest and there were a few suggestions I made to the hotel - 1) be prepared to accommodate a larger number of International guests from different time zones by keeping restaurants open later or creating a special 24 hour room service menu
2) make sure that the hotel manager is on site during this peak time
3) work closer with NSJF organizers to ensure activities for small concert venues are accommodating (AC was off/ drinks were limited to beer and wine, etc.)
Overall a great stay while there. Gym was great. Location was awesome.
Employee - Mardjally was really committed to serve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Rotterdam is set in the heart of the vibrant city center - alive with cafes, restaurant and cultural events. Situated within walking distance of the Rotterdam Central Station and only a coffee and a croissant away from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The hotel is located between the entertainment, business and shopping district and the perfect place to explore all that Rotterdam has to offer. A fusion of classic elegance and stylish modernity, Hilton Rotterdam is the ultimate urban retreat. The 254 rooms and suites exude timeless décor, authentic Dutch ambience and home-style warmth. Guests staying in an Executive Room or Suite have access to the exclusive Executive Lounge, where complimentary breakfast, afternoon snacks and all day drinks are served. The hotel offers valet parking, free Wi-Fi in the public areas and a 24/7 fitness. Hilton Rotterdam is proud to host three exciting and enigmatic restaurant concepts. At Roots Rotterdam, we take pride in the high quality ingredients that The Netherlands has to offer and source almost all our produce from local and regional producers. These ingredients are at their best when enjoyed in the season, and therefore we are committed to a high quality seasonal menu. And since we change our menu every quarter, we also adjust our restaurant ambiance to the season. Each season is symbolized by a different color accent, and we play different tunes to set the scene. This way, you can truly experience the season with all your senses. Joelia by Mario Ridder is the one Michelin star restaurant from Mario Ridder, with French oriented cuisine and both classic and innovative dishes. The perfect place to catch up over a cocktail or a bite to eat is cocktail club HUGH. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Rotterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Rotterdam Hotel Rotterdam
- Hilton International Rotterdam
- Rotterdam Hilton International