“Been there twice and will go again!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Been there twice and will go again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

The first time my boyfriend and I went there was in Aug 2011. We had a voucher and wanted to try out a new restaurant.
Service: We were pleasantly surprised at the professional level of service there. It seems that the manager and assistant manager were personally involved in making the experience a memorable one. The other staff were quite young but we noticed that they were trying their best to learn from the examples that the 2 managers were setting.
Food & Ambiance: The food was great, especially for the reasonable prices that we saw in the menu, as I would have expected less. The assistant manager personally explained what each course was when the dishes were served. I was amazed at the level of attentiveness that one could only expect in a much higher-end restaurant. The ambiance was warm & cozy and the restaurant was situated in Delfshaven, one of the last historical parts of Rotterdam.

The 2nd time, we decided to visit the restaurant together with my boyfriend's family members.
It was around Christmas 2011 and noticeably much more crowded.
The manager was around, but this time we were served mainly by the younger staff.
We spoke to the manager for a while afterwards and found out that they were part of a non-profit organization that hires young people (homeless, low-education, etc..) who needed a chance in society to start working and gain experience.
Thus, I could really see that the younger staff were putting in lots of effort and though they weren't great at what they do, they did it with enthusiasm.
All-in-all, the 2nd experience was a heart-warming one and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

My boyfriend & I are getting married this year, and we have already chosen this quaint establishment to hold our wedding dinner with close family and friends. Again, upon contacting them, they have been nothing but professional in offering personalised service with the unmistakable friendliness and warmth that we encountered on our very 1st visit there. :)

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank starrlet07

Sentosa Island, Singapore
“Nice building in a Nice part of Rotterdam.. Nice restaurant, food so so..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

I ate here once... But would never come back here for THE food!!
Service was ok, all THE staff except THE manger I guess, were sort of trainee's. So that is/wd. THE positive part of it all. THE rest. Was very cosy and Nice decorated... I did like it.
We both choose à 3/4 course surprise menu. We could sy what we like and dislike and with all our wishes, they prepared à meal/ dinner!
THE quality off THE food, was not as good as we expected.. Based on how THE establishment looks like etc.... ( so once again, not à must/ rule, food Will be as good as it is decorated!!!!).
Regarding THE quality/taste of THE food..., well not realy overprized, but I rather prefer to get à very expensive Bill for à very Nice dish as I had that day...
For us, THE first and last time at Millers, Rotterdam!

• Visited June 2011