“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kaat Mossel

Kaat Mossel
Ranked #76 of 999 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, Seafood, European, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Netherlands
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

we went to kaat mossel last night and we were delighted with the experience! the waitress tried her best to speak french to us and explain the menu in our language,which was very nice. as starters we had the mushroom soup and oven grilled mussels with cheese.weirdly enough,the combination works very well! mains were king prawns in spicy sauce,an amazing beef tartare and the mussels pot(white wine,laurel and mussel vegs).All dishes tasted wonderfully fresh and well seasonned.it s a bit on the pricey side but well worth it.impecable and fast service,we can't wait to go back!

• Visited February 2012

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Great Rotterdam atmosphere, lovely fish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

Famous in Rotterdam, this place is the best place to go and observe all walks of life in Rotterdam. The menu is extensive and the quality of the food is excellent. Down to earth atmosphere and down to earth cooking. No fancy frills, but decent sized portions and well-prepared. Staff is always very friendly and service-oriented. You see the same faces there for years. I've been eating there for more than 20 years and never mind going back.
Reservations recommended as the place is always packed.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Odila S
“Very good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

Very good food, good service.
We had some of the best mussels here.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Good seafood in a cute, traditional restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

Nice atmosphere, interesting interior and all that topped off with good food. The mussles, when in season, were fantastic and definitely enough for a hungry guy! The restaurant is quite pricey, but does offer something better than the run-of-the-mill fish restaurant. Worth visiting whether on business or on a date.

Thessaloniki, Greece
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxed atmosphere, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

When our cab stopped outside the Kaaot Mossel I could not truly understand what was so special about this restaurant that seemed like any other brasserie. When we entered the room though I thought I got it, it was the friendly, cozy and homely atmosphere and the smiles of the staff. But I actually truly got it when I tasted the mussels italian style (with wine, garlic and a touch of chilli peppers)... mmm... absolutely yummy! I had fish (an excellently and lightly fried sole), but my friend had a meat dish. I originally thought not a good idea in a place kjnown for its mussels, but I was wrong, his meat was excellent and the actual thought is now making my mouth water! I guess that this is not the last time I visited Rotterdam and surely it is not the last time I visited Kaat Mossel. The Dutch crowd that was enjoying dinner (I think we were the only non-dutch speaking table) certainly accounts for the food's value. it goes without saying, try the mussels!

• Visited October 2011