“Great authentic Chinese food in NL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of de lange muur - CLOSED

de lange muur
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great authentic Chinese food in NL!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone in the Netherlands who is in need of authentic Chinese food. Great variety and prices!

• Visited September 2012

Rockland, NY
“Excellent Dishes with Non-Westernized Service”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've been going to dim sum and Chinese restaurants like this since I was a kid. My dad is part-Chinese and he knows good food. Since I could remember the BEST restaurants always have service like this. You have to take it with a grain of salt. If you sit and wait for someone to ask you if you need something... you will starve. That's not how things work in these places. You have to stick your hand up in the air and call the server. It's just part of the culture, my husband thinks its insane. i just laugh. The fact that the majority of their patrons are Asian speaks to the quality of the food.

Anyway, we had awesome chow fun with har kau and chinese broccoli with oyster sauce. Jasmine tea was good. In NY, dim sum is almost always a brunch event. To have a selection like this at 10pm was a great treat. Will go back.... maybe tomorrow!

Cheer up! Don't be offended.

• Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“The Rudest Waiters Ever”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My hotel is on the edge of Chinatown.I decided to give this restaurant a try.The menu was acceptable but they did not give me the Chinese menus.I was hungry and decided to have won ton noodle soup and rice noodle with seven types of meat.For some reason the waiter decided to bring both dishes at once.So i had to have both together to stop one getting cold.Both were reasonable but not special in any way.However at this time i chinese couple came to an adjoining table and the waiter seemed more interested in talking to them than serving me.I finally managed to get a waiters attention to order a dame blanche but he didnt even bother to clear away the dirty dishes.When i had finished the desert again i couldnt attract attention so busy was the waiter conversing with the chinese customers.eventually i got the attention of a waiter who when i offered a card made me come to the card machine rather than the other way around.When i got back to my table they were already clearing it despite the fact that i still had a full cup of tea to drink.i am used to rudeness in Chinese restaurants but this one hits a new low.So i nominate the waiters as the rudest waiters in a Chinese restaurant.Needless to say i shall not be returning.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank wingate
Hooge zwaluwe
“very good”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Having a Chinese partner, we like to try a lot of Chinese restaurants. Our favorite restaurant was full and we decided to try this one. We were not disappointed. Vegetables and seafood was great. The atmosphere is more intimate than other Chinese restaurants and the service was good (very Chinese, which can be perceived as little it rude for Europeans). Very recommendable.

• Visited January 2012