My review after one night: Stay Elsewhere!
In general, my room was really tiny. It reminded me of the photos one sometimes sees of Japanese "pod" hotels. The room was a fair sized pod, but not much bigger. Specific problems:
First, I booked a room with dinner included at a reasonable price. When I arrived, I was informed that the dining room was fully occupied with a private party and thus my associates and I were refused access to the dining room. The rebate for dinner was modest, about 1/3 of what dinner finally cost elsewhere.
Second, in the morning there was NO HOT WATER. I called to inquire and was told that engineering would send someone to check (as if I was not capable of turning on the water and determining that it was cold). I thus received a maintenance man who turned on the water and determined it was cold. The hotel then acted shocked and allowed me access to the fitness center for a shower where the water ran hot for about 90 seconds and then turned cold.
So my summary is that this is not a well run hotel. You might not have my problems, but don't be surprised if you have others and whatever problems you have, do not expect the hotel to solve them. They did offer me a bottle of wine, but since I was en route to the airport this would have simply been lost at security. When I explained this, they substituted a bottle of water which they supposed I could drink in the car. I did. Thanks, but I would rather have had dinner and a shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkhotel originally dates back to 1922 and has been offering outstanding service and hospitality in the port city of Rotterdam for more than 90 years. The entire ground floor of the Parkhotel was renovated in 2014. The original DNA and unique Parkhotel atmosphere have been retained and combined with contemporary design. The 189 comfortable rooms have every convenience you would expect of a four-star hotel. Several of the rooms have a balcony with a view of the wonderful city garden. The Deluxe and Executive tower rooms, at a higher level, offer a wonderful view of Rotterdam. The hotel has 50 secure parking spaces, a sauna and fitness facilities. Restaurant The Park - inspired by Erik van Loo offers contemporary design, a cosy aperitif bar, Cigar Lounge, Private Dining and a wonderful veranda which opens onto the city garden and the terrace. The menu features signature dishes by Erik van Loo, among other specialities. The chef patron of the restaurant Parkheuvel, which has been awarded two Michelin stars, is the supervising chef of The Park. Together with chef Richard de Vries, he creates outstanding dishes which are characterised by their quality and simplicity, combined with a playful twist. In 2014, The Park won the Rotterdam Gouden Pollepel award. The Algemeen Dagblad newspaper gave The Park the following review: 'A restaurant which scores highly in every detail and means that Rotterdam can now join the ranks of other global cities where locals are used to eating in a high-calibre hotel restaurant.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bilderberg Parkhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilderberg Parkhotel Rotterdam
- Bilderberg Parkhotel Hotel Rotterdam