Stayed for three nights to escape from our daily routine. My husband picked this hotel for their well known reputation from the third party agency. 3 = 2 for Euro 179, third night is free. That looks good deal for me. I am so excited to be there and spend our weekend just to relax. Check in was fine and here are the adventure started:
1. Our room location apparently in the old left side building. How to get there? go to the left, and take a lift (This is a forklift, improper one) to lift you 4 or 5 steps up. And then take a stair down for a few step, then turn left. You will find a poor maintain old lift to take you to the second floor. Bah! if I knew, I rather take stairway though I have to lift my Baby stroller thru it.
2. The room is so small and old fashion. It's a little bit noisy because right on the side of main street. Btw, they need to redesign the room interior, seriously! It is actually okay, however, they put too much unnecessary furniture that makes it super crowded.
3. On the the second day, early in the morning the electricity was off. We showered in the dark, No entertainment no bla bla bla... It sad, it took them ages to fixed it. Until finally they decided to move us to the tower building because they couldn't find the problem.
4. A house keeper ring the bell just to ask if we use the minibar, What?
5. Babybed for Eur 37,50, internet for Eur 17 per 24 hours, Parking Eur 19,50. Is it a low cost hotel or what? Come on! It does not make any sense to me!
6. Location wise is perfect. Close to the center. Plenty of nice restaurants around.
7. The replacement room at the tower is good. Actually this is what I expect to get from the beginning, pity it is given on the last night. Well, actually I wonder: 3=2 promotion is not a promotion at all. My guess, for this deal, they will put you to the last of the least room. It noticed from the final bill. They breakdown the price to three nights which is not right. It should be divided it to two nights, and the last night is "free".
The management should definitely close the old building. Huge refurbishment is needed to a more modern vintage direction. People do not mind to pay extra for an extraordinary experience. Anyway, we had a good weekend. It was fun, we didn't let these bother us at all. But certainly we are not going back to this hotel and not recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Parkhotel originally dates back to 1922 and has been offering outstanding service and hospitality in the port city of Rotterdam for more than 90 years. The entire ground floor of the Parkhotel was renovated in 2014. The original DNA and unique Parkhotel atmosphere have been retained and combined with contemporary design. The 189 comfortable rooms have every convenience you would expect of a four-star hotel. Several of the rooms have a balcony with a view of the wonderful city garden. The Deluxe and Executive tower rooms, at a higher level, offer a wonderful view of Rotterdam. The hotel has 50 secure parking spaces, a sauna and fitness facilities. The Park restaurant offers contemporary design, a cosy aperitif bar, Cigar Lounge, Private Dining and a wonderful veranda which opens onto the city garden and the terrace. The menu features signature dishes by Erik van Loo, among other specialities. The chef patron of the restaurant Parkheuvel, which has been awarded two Michelin stars, is the supervising chef of The Park. Together with the head chef Richard de Vries, he creates outstanding dishes which are characterised by their quality and simplicity, combined with a playful twist. In 2014, The Park won the Rotterdam Gouden Pollepel award. The Algemeen Dagblad newspaper gave The Park the following review: 'A restaurant which scores highly in every detail and means that Rotterdam can now join the ranks of other global cities where locals are used to eating in a high-calibre hotel restaurant.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bilderberg Parkhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilderberg Parkhotel Rotterdam
- Bilderberg Parkhotel Hotel Rotterdam