This ho(s)tel has been booked for us by the organizers of an exhibitions in Rotterdam, and we were really looking forward to it after reading all the positive reviews.
We stayed for two nights, and my feelings about the place are very mixed. For sure, there is a certain charm in the shabby oriental decorations of the corridors and rooms. But then again - is there a charm in saggy mattresses and dirty carpet?
+ Very friendly and helpful stuff, had an answer to every question
+ Unusual interior decorations - a nice relief from monotony of modern grey business hotels
+ Very popular restaurant downstairs, serving an amazing "Eastern" breakfast - fresh fruits and yoghurt, Turkish bread, cheese and sausage, different sauces... Enough to last until dinner!
+ Central location
+ Luggage room
- Very noisy. Half of the rooms face the street famous for its night life, and the restarant downstairs is busy until early morning. Many other face the courtyard with noisy ventilation tubes humming away all night. Not for light sleepers.
- Old, dirty carpets, saggy mattresses... Rather cheap than classy. Not for people seeking higher quality standards
- Bathroom in our room had no door and the toilet was visible from almost every corner of the room. Not for couples seeking a romantic adventure, unless you find watching and listening to your partner sitting on the toilet ver romantic.
- Hot in summer. In our room, you could only open one of the three windows, and only a tiny bit. We had a conditioner, but it was even noisier than the ventilation system outside.
There you go - lots of pros, lots of cons. In the end - you decide!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Bazar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bazar Hotel Rotterdam