“Excellent place for a special meal”

In den Rustwat IDRW
Ranked #74 of 1,069 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Beautiful restaurant in Rotterdam with the quality of the food matching the setting.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband's family are Dutch and we went for a family dinner (14 of us) for Oma's 90th Birthday.

The service was excellent, friendly, efficient and accommodating. The building is hundreds of years old and very quaint inside and out. For a Friday evening it was surprisingly empty.. Our party and two other tables, which seemed surprising.. I am not sure what the atmosphere would have been like ordinarily.

We had a lovely meal, with matched wines to a four course set menu. The presentation was excellent and food was very tasty. I would certainly recommend this restaurant and would go back again.

There are newer reviews for In den Rustwat IDRW

Reviewed December 11, 2012

No nonsense, just very good cooking and very nice atmosphere. A place to return to many times. Excellent.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were lucky to get some coupons to pay half-price at In den Rustwat, a very charming restaurant looking like a cottage in modern Rotterdam. Service is perfect and warm, waiters are not trying to impress you but are clearly here to help you. Food is good, but I still wonder why they call it French. It felt more like a Dutch interpretation of what could be a French restaurant if you had been once in the Gers. The decoration is ok and since the room is small, it is very noisy. For coffee, we got a choice of mignardises and I must say their chocolate truffle is the best I ever had. I believe it was worth the 125 euros we paid for two persons but paying twice as much for the "real price" sounds preposterous. All in all, a very pricey restaurant that one could try once if looking for a very good meal in Rotterdam. Just be sure to get the half-price coupon first...

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Entourage and decoration where great. Professional and friendly waiters. Good food and wine combinations!!
We where with four and had an wonderful evening.

One point of critic. Because it is a small room it can be noisy.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The sommelier really helped out; I was pregnant and he gave me just a sip of wine with every course. Food and wine where great.