“F(abulous) G(reat)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of FG Restaurant - MOVED

FG Restaurant
Cuisines: French, European, Fusion, Seafood, Dutch, International
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Food that carries you away, challenges and inspires. Always evoking curiosity as to what the next course will be. Food that re-awakens those long-forgotten memories, or creates new, unforgettable experiences. Food you experience together, discuss together, which connects you to others. The power of simple and pure, and with a deep respect for preparation and flavours. Always the unexpected surprise of the combinations, which are often created at the table itself. The art of omission, the greatest challenge of all. No-nonsense, perfect service, precisely as you would expect here.
“F(abulous) G(reat)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Taking into account this is a 2 star Michelin restaurant, you can expect something special. I can confirm that for me they really earn their stars. The food is extraordinary special. It tastes superb, looks great and has combinations of tastes and structures you would not expect to work, but I assure you, what this chef presents, does work.
The complete package is of the highest level and also the team is esspecialy profesional and kind. Sometimes the atmosphere in this level of restaurants is what I would describe as professional but at the same time uncomfortable stiff. This is not the case at FG. A recommend to order a tasting menu, which is available in 5, 7, 9 or 11 courses. These come accompanied with several amuses which are not described on the menu, but are at least of the same spectacular level. I recommend you to visit FG if you want a long lasting and positive memory of top level food in a nice atmosphere.
(In case you appreciate my reference please tick the button to let me know.)

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Rja-Holland

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
“Culinairie food and bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The food is very tastefull and prepared with lots of care! Michelin star worth!

The service staff is very arrogant and laks hospitality! Carrying for guests and asking if every thing is ok. Not worthy the price they charge.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dlanor80
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“WOW, a real dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I went to FG yesterday with my boyfriend and we had the set 3 course lunch. I chose to go for lunch as i thought it was a little pricey for dinner but now i have experienced it i will be going back for dinner as soon as possible!

Staff met us at the door, all very really friendly and knowledgeable on the food and wines. The food was absolutely fantastic and id say up there with some of the best i've ever had! The portion sizes i thought were perfect, we had a couple of canapes, bread and also a palette cleansing ice cream after the first course and then some treats at the end. Its more than just a 3 course lunch!

The ice cream after the starter was AMAZING, the waitress involved us in the preparation of it by mixing herbs with liquid nitrogen...it was like a chemistry lesson with an extremely tasty treat at the end! I enjoyed every minute of it. I could not find one fault with any of the food, it was all delicious. My only small negative (and it really didnt bother me but it may bother you) would be the time between courses, it wasn't a really long wait but perhaps a bit longer than in normal restaurants but the food made up for it so it really didn't bother me.

Ive been to 100's of restaurants where you get your food presented, you eat, you enjoy and thats it. This is something completely different, not only is the food tasty and beautifully presented but you get to be involved in it and if you are in a group the whole experience gives you plenty to talk about.

The head chef himself was there and came over to talk to us which i found really nice, i cant wait to go back!!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Shrek010
Oslo, Norrway
“Not only positive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This restaurant is certainly very special and is highly praised but I have to admit being very uncertain how many stars I should give. We were a rather big group and there were good and not so good reviews among us. Let me start with the good ones; it was a show in food creation, artistic, fascinating and excellently presented by a staff that was very knowledgeable. Our 9-course dinner was a journey through many tastes and many fascinating presentations. The wine selection was also very good and also in this respect was the staff excellently explaining their choices.
So, why do I hesitate giving top marks? First of all it is the time. It took 4 hours before we came to the main course. By then we were very hungry and slightly intoxicated. Why does it have to be 30-40 minutes between each course? I´m tempted to say that the restaurant is too pre-occupied with the creative aspect. Then it was the fact that the dishes were, really, very, very small. You do not expect large portion when you order 9 dishes at this kind of cuisine but you do not expect to leave the place hungry, which is what happened to us. Finally, the price is not low (Euro 250 per head) but that must be expected at an establishment like this.

To conclude, I can absolutely recommend the place but suggest to the owners to be a bit more speedy and generous with the portions. It will not reduce the value of the concept. I will be back to check it out and see if I understand the concept better next time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Epic Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Wow! I'm struggling to find words to describe this restaurant...it really is the ultimate dining experience without the pretence and theatre of establishments like The Fat Duck. We had a surprise menu with accompanying wines with each course. In total I counted about a dozen courses including some delightful amuse bouches...and each course was delightful in its own way. Stand out dish for me was the stone cooked beef...I wanted to lick the plate! Even visiting the gents was a great experience. Amazing, friendly team both front and back of house. I cannot praise this place enough. Others take note, this is how it should be done. Thanks FG, I'll be back!

• Visited July 2013