“Not only positive”
Review of FG Restaurant

FG Restaurant
Reserve with
FG Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,051 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Food that carries you away, challenges and inspires. Always evoking curiosity as to what the next course will be. Food that re-awakens those long-forgotten memories, or creates new, unforgettable experiences. Food you experience together, discuss together, which connects you to others. The power of simple and pure, and with a deep respect for preparation and flavours. Always the unexpected surprise of the combinations, which are often created at the table itself. The art of omission, the greatest challenge of all. No-nonsense, perfect service, precisely as you would expect here.
Oslo, Norrway
“Not only positive”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This restaurant is certainly very special and is highly praised but I have to admit being very uncertain how many stars I should give. We were a rather big group and there were good and not so good reviews among us. Let me start with the good ones; it was a show in food creation, artistic, fascinating and excellently presented by a staff that was very knowledgeable. Our 9-course dinner was a journey through many tastes and many fascinating presentations. The wine selection was also very good and also in this respect was the staff excellently explaining their choices.
So, why do I hesitate giving top marks? First of all it is the time. It took 4 hours before we came to the main course. By then we were very hungry and slightly intoxicated. Why does it have to be 30-40 minutes between each course? I´m tempted to say that the restaurant is too pre-occupied with the creative aspect. Then it was the fact that the dishes were, really, very, very small. You do not expect large portion when you order 9 dishes at this kind of cuisine but you do not expect to leave the place hungry, which is what happened to us. Finally, the price is not low (Euro 250 per head) but that must be expected at an establishment like this.

To conclude, I can absolutely recommend the place but suggest to the owners to be a bit more speedy and generous with the portions. It will not reduce the value of the concept. I will be back to check it out and see if I understand the concept better next time.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
“Epic Dining Experience”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Wow! I'm struggling to find words to describe this restaurant...it really is the ultimate dining experience without the pretence and theatre of establishments like The Fat Duck. We had a surprise menu with accompanying wines with each course. In total I counted about a dozen courses including some delightful amuse bouches...and each course was delightful in its own way. Stand out dish for me was the stone cooked beef...I wanted to lick the plate! Even visiting the gents was a great experience. Amazing, friendly team both front and back of house. I cannot praise this place enough. Others take note, this is how it should be done. Thanks FG, I'll be back!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MasterSpice
Utrecht
“Dining heaven”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of dining in this restaurant a few month ago, when it was still 'Ivy's', and it was a remarkable experience. The restaurant was packed (saturday night), hot, loud and buzzing. Almost like walking in a night club. You are immediately grabbed by this atmosphere. the audience was young and hip, where other Michelin-star restaurants nearby tend to attact an older audience. So we felt at home, which was aplified by the casual but skilled staff. The meals were outstanding; bold and daring, high on flavors and full of surprises. Wines good and plenty. Chef François Geurds doing his rounds at the end of the evening, just pulling up a chair and listening with interest to your feedback/compliments. Only downside, to me, was the high volume of table preparations, for which there is not too much room, and can be a bit distracting. This must be one of the best restaurants in the Netherlands at this time.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dibaco
Berlin, Germany
“Does not get better”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Every second is awesome. The staff is attentive in a very natural way. I found the dishes have lots of humor, and you explore new tastes and foodfeel all the time. so you automatically get into a good mood. An evening like a week's vacation. Same price, though, too.

• Visited June 2013
Netherlands
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We visited Restaurant Ivy with my dad months ago but I forgot to review them on tripadvisor. We've been to most restaurants in Rotterdam so, with it being nr 1 on here, we so had to go! We took the menu which was very expensive but also extensive. The service was so friendly and professional, I do not have one bad word to say about this restaurant. The food is mostly molecular with some dishes with liquid nitrogen prepared at your table! Very beautiful setting a bit away from the center but in a nice area. The chef even came to ask customers about their experience at the end of the meal and shake everybody's hand. 5 star!

• Visited August 2012