“Epic Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 862 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Food that triggers and inspires. Food that brings back long forgotten memories. Food that is enjoyed together. The power of simple and pure. The magic of combining. The art of leaving things out. The history, the guts and the innovation of Rotterdam.Experience it all with us, at FG Restaurant.
“Epic Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Wow! I'm struggling to find words to describe this restaurant...it really is the ultimate dining experience without the pretence and theatre of establishments like The Fat Duck. We had a surprise menu with accompanying wines with each course. In total I counted about a dozen courses including some delightful amuse bouches...and each course was delightful in its own way. Stand out dish for me was the stone cooked beef...I wanted to lick the plate! Even visiting the gents was a great experience. Amazing, friendly team both front and back of house. I cannot praise this place enough. Others take note, this is how it should be done. Thanks FG, I'll be back!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MasterSpice

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Utrecht
“Dining heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had the pleasure of dining in this restaurant a few month ago, when it was still 'Ivy's', and it was a remarkable experience. The restaurant was packed (saturday night), hot, loud and buzzing. Almost like walking in a night club. You are immediately grabbed by this atmosphere. the audience was young and hip, where other Michelin-star restaurants nearby tend to attact an older audience. So we felt at home, which was aplified by the casual but skilled staff. The meals were outstanding; bold and daring, high on flavors and full of surprises. Wines good and plenty. Chef François Geurds doing his rounds at the end of the evening, just pulling up a chair and listening with interest to your feedback/compliments. Only downside, to me, was the high volume of table preparations, for which there is not too much room, and can be a bit distracting. This must be one of the best restaurants in the Netherlands at this time.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dibaco
Berlin, Germany
“Does not get better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Every second is awesome. The staff is attentive in a very natural way. I found the dishes have lots of humor, and you explore new tastes and foodfeel all the time. so you automatically get into a good mood. An evening like a week's vacation. Same price, though, too.

• Visited June 2013
Netherlands
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We visited Restaurant Ivy with my dad months ago but I forgot to review them on tripadvisor. We've been to most restaurants in Rotterdam so, with it being nr 1 on here, we so had to go! We took the menu which was very expensive but also extensive. The service was so friendly and professional, I do not have one bad word to say about this restaurant. The food is mostly molecular with some dishes with liquid nitrogen prepared at your table! Very beautiful setting a bit away from the center but in a nice area. The chef even came to ask customers about their experience at the end of the meal and shake everybody's hand. 5 star!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank LOLANetherlands
Otley, United Kingdom
“Can't get in to Heston? Come here!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I am almost at a loss for words as to how to describe our experience at this beautiful restaurant. From the moment the liquorice popping candy around the signature cone of piccallily sorbet explodes in your mouth, you realise that this is going to be very special indeed. We had the lunch menu supplemented with a Wagyu Beef for my carnivore husband all washed down with the sommeliers amazing choice of wine and I can fault nothing. Top this with the friendliest staff and a decor that paid so much attention to every detail, I was worried as to sanity of the interior designer, and all I can say is we left there happiest of bunnies this Easter time. The chef/patron is from the school of Heston and, from now on, whenever we are told there is no room at his inn (which is often) we are hopping across via Eastjet and a half hour train ride. In fact, we might just skip the Fat Duck and come straight here.

• Visited March 2013