“harbor visit”
Review of Spido Harbor Tour

Spido Harbor Tour
Ranked #5 of 67 Tours in Rotterdam
Reviewed August 5, 2014

For pople who never have seen big ships and a grate harbor, this is the perfect way to do it and injoy the view of this exellent journy

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

I took the extended harbour tour which is only offered on certain days. It lasts 150 minutes and does a thorough tour of the port from the Erasmus bridge to approximately half way to the sea. You'll see the boat traffic, container docks, ship building areas etc. Incidentally the Welcome Card discount is not available on this trip (only for the 75 minute version) but it is still worth the money (€18.50). The tour boats are spacious with plenty of seats inside and outside. You can by coffee, cakes (limited selection) etc on board. The commentary is in Dutch, German and English. Board early to get a good seat. Right hand side is best as this is what the commentary focuses on. Even in sunny weather it can be breezy on the open water so a coat/jumper might be handy. Binoculars a good idea too. Rotterdam is an amazing port and the scale of it is impressive. It really is "the mouth" of Europe. I'd have liked to have gone even further out to see the tankers and new container terminals nearer the sea, but I guess this would take 5 hours round trip, so probably not viable!

1  Thank Rob6079
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husband & I took my mum on Wednesday 30th July on this boat trip as a birthday treat, it was a beautiful sunny day. We were very impressed with everything. We went on the 'James Cook' boat which was of a very high standard. We sat by a window with comfortable chairs and a table. The staff were very accommodating, my mum & I were even given an english version of the day trip commentary which helped us, as my husband is Dutch as was most of the other people on board. The facilties were excellent.
When we got on board we were given apple pie & a drink and then a fantastic buffet for lunch, this was certainly not to be missed, a great entrance of the food, but I won't spoil in telling any more about this because it has to be seen.
We would certainly recommend this trip to everyone

1  Thank englishrose1959
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Went on the Spido Harbour Tour with a friend. It's a must-do if you're interested in the history of Rotterdam as one of the largest port cities in the world. Even if you're not, it's still an interesting visit to a large habour which provided a great way to see Rotterdam. However, if you're the latter, I wouldn't necessarily go at it solo unless you have time as there are plenty of other things to do!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Spido boats are of a high standard. The top viewing gallery allows you to see the whole of Rotterdam in comfort. We passed under the Eramus Bridge, upto the the shipyards.. I'm a bit of a geek so enjoyed seeing the boats in various states of repair. The size of them amazes you. It isn't the prettiest of tours, but its factual and interesting.. and once back into main Rotterdam, the buildings alongside the Maas are interesting too.

1  Thank Sandra F