“When do they leave?”
Review of Spido Harbor Tour

Spido Harbor Tour
Ranked #8 of 69 Tours in Rotterdam
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We wanted to go on a harbour tour with the Spido, but there weren't enough tickets sold. Only leaves with a minimum of 20 pepople.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"audio guide"
"visit rotterdam"

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This tour of the Rotterdam harbour is a pleasant way to pass the time but would not make it on to my list of ‘must do’ attractions in Rotterdam.
The facilities are comfortable and the staff friendly with either indoor or outdoor seating as well as the option to buy refreshments. However, the pre-recorded commentary, in about 5 languages, quickly became obsolete as by the time it has finally spooled through commentary on one aspect of the harbour we have almost passed the next topic of discussion. A large part of the tour is dedicated to exploring the various freight facilities, so unless you are really interested in boats it is not the most riveting tour available.

1  Thank phumba
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Rotterdam is not one of the most scenic harbors you will find in Europe...it mainly consists of local barges and large container ships from all over the world.

The day we went ther were large numbers of school children who seemed to be more interested in running around the ship and yelling at each other than learning anything about Rotterdam harbor. Thus we were not able to hear much of the recoded commentary that accompanied the tour (it's in both English and. Dutch). The tour takes about 90 minutes and gives anise overall view of the very busy harbor of Rotterdam.

TIP: Be flexible, especially on days when the touring weather is not the best. Check with the ticket office early...the tour boats will not operate unless they have at least 20 passengers...so ther may be a long waiting time.

1  Thank Bill H
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Went here on a alternately cloudy and sunny day in June, on a Monday so not so many people around. Started off sitting up on the top deck but quickly retired to the comfortable interior of the boat as the tour started and the icy wind picked up. Food and drinks available inside but we didn’t partake. Constant information is broadcast over the loudspeakers in several different languages, which became a background noise after a while. Not a really exciting thing to do, but interesting enough. Gives a good tour of the Port of Rotterdam and helps for the visitor to understand what a vital role the port has had in the making of this city.

3  Thank CandJMelbourne
See more reviews
Reviewed June 25, 2012

After living in Singapore, I really wanted to see the Port. It was unbelievable - I was amazed by the number of containers. All the boats on the Harbour were huge- nice size boats looked tiny compared to these. The Spido fleet has large boats so I felt very safe in it against the big boats. I will be honest I did not hear any information spoken in English until I went to the bottom of the boat and that was at the end of my journey. I was disappointed on that part and I could have zoned it out with the wind - however, every time I listened it was Dutch. My daughters and I rode at the top and much of what we saw - we had seen earlier in the day at the Euromast. I would not recommend doing both in the same day, however, I would do this trip again and listen for the English speaking part.
Also, walk around the water and see the sailboats- they are unbelievable.

2  Thank AveryGirls