2,288 results
All reviewslido restaurantcruise shipclub roomwater taxiengine roomocean linerpromenade deckship hotelocean barcomplete tourpublic roomsopen deckbeautiful shipold ladyport holesformer gloryunique experience
Reviewed July 14, 2018

We stayed 3 days in Rotterdam on the ss Rotterdam. The personal was great. From the time we arrived at the boat we where welcome. Kees the purser and his colleague where amusing and very helpful. I wish there was a little area for jus the guest since we shared the daytime with other visitors and especially on deck it was very busy with locals bathing their children in the very little pool. Great experience in the middle of Rotterdam and harbour. be careful: on booking.com it showed free parking (maybe not anymore) but that is false advertising.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
JTrouw, Manager at SS Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear w0rtmann,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us.
I will certainly share your feedback with the management and have a look into the information on the Booking.com-website!
I hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Convenient location and a different sort of hotel, with echoes of the "good old days". By no means a five star hotel, more like a 2 or 3 star, but the atmosphere and location plus the Lido Deck views make this really worth considering.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
JTrouw, Manager at SS Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Dear Tim W,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to hear you qualify our hotel more like a 2 or 3 star hotel, since we strive to be a 4 star-hotel with 5 star service! Please let me know the possible improvements for us!
Nonetheless I sincerely hope to welcome you again soon for a return visit!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

This is just a fun experience. I've stayed on the Rotterdam a couple times and will probably stay there again. Its just so cool to live on a historic ship like this which still features so many original elements.
Quite and spacious rooms. Well worth a visit either as a overnight guest, or simply to check out the old ship.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business

Dear VlsNorway,

The ss Rotterdam indeed is worth a visit in multiple ways: as a hotel guest, museum visitor or conference attendee.
Thank you very much for your kind words and stay on board. I hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2018

The experience of being on an old steamliner is just to good to be truth. The place is filled with history and I love that you can just strawl along the boat where you want. The view from the decks is fantastic. As a very regular traveller I was impressed with the customer friendlyness and the whole experience at a really great price (less then 99€ for hotel and breakfast). I expected a small cabine for this price but it was a spacious double bed room with nice bathroom, seperate work space and seating arrangement in 60s style. Really nice breakfast. Also the connection with the water taxis is amazingly funny and convenient to visit Rotterdam. Can strongly recommend and will come back!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business

Dear Erik L,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay with us and for recommending our ship to other travelers!
I hope to welcome you again soon for a return visit!

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

It was really great to spend a few days in an old cruising ship. The staff, especially at the reception, is extremely helpful. I definitely can say to everyone to visit this place.

I was visiting at the time of the Engage conference, it is a great place for conferences.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business

Dear Sharan S,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay with us on board the ss Rotterdam. I will certainly share your positive feedback with our hotel reception staff!