“Casual to smart casual dining”

Gauchos - aan de Maas
Reserve with
Gauchos - aan de Maas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 1,169 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gauchos aan de Maas boasts a terrace with a unique view across one of the world's busiest harbour routes. And within walking distance from the new Luxor Theatre. The perfect spot for an attractive Latin night out along Dutch waters.
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is our favorite Gauchos for 2 reasons: 1-the location by the water, 2-the food is better. We tried everything there except the shrimps and it was superb. My favorite is the ribeye. My husband always gets the all you can eat Ribs. the cooking temperature is always correct. the side dishes are plenty and yummy. Baked potato, spinach, corn on the cob, side salad, asperges, mushrooms, etc all yummy.
Dress code: Casual (not shorts and tanks)/smart casual

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Meat lovers will love this place. Prices just a little above average but really worth it. Service is good as well and a perfect view over the water. What else to say...

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Me and my colleague from the office are there at least each second week. I really love their steaks, service wine and atmosphere. Sometimes a view is spectacular as a big boat is standing in front of the restaurant door. Last time Browning 9mm was pointing to my table from British Frigate visiting Rotterdam

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Decided I wanted a steak on my recent trip to Rotterdam and Argentinian Gauchos was nearest my hotel. Not a brilliantly scientific method for choosing a restaurant but on this occasion fortune favoured the brave!
Table opposite the door, but the restaurant was busy and I was rather late. Starter of chorizo, although tasty was in fact a pork and leek sausage. Not a big problem, however, as a fan of chorizo, I was a bit disappointed.
The waiting staff were superb, helping me to chose a wine and providing guidance on choice of beef. I went for the rib on this occasion and it was cooked - no blood - to my liking. The meat was tender and well seasoned. Served with french fries and green salad, the main course was pretty good.
Cost around 40 euros for 1 person and this included 1 glass on chardonnay and 2 glasses of malbec.
All in all a good dinner in pleasant surroundings.

Reviewed February 12, 2011

Steak was more than tender, my husband ordered Bife de Ancho medium well done, he got rare steak...it was almost raw and the Bife de chorizo was not crackling at all! in the menucard was said; "Sirloin: the quintessential Argentine ‘bife’ identified
by its belt of tasty crackling"....i would suggest Churrasco.
And for the dessert; I will not advice to order Crepe with Dulce de leche-icecream.
Overall, the food was good, but not exactly what we did order.

1  Thank orozco042