“lovely for breakfast, good area.”
Review of Bagels & Beans - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bagels & Beans
Neighborhood: Cool
Neighborhood: Cool
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I loved the décor and coffee cups. a large variety of fillings to go in your bagels, nice for breakfast,enjoyed sitting there. clean and colorful. good service

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had a buy one get one free voucher for zininzoet ,which is like a high tea without the hot drink. We were served fast and I found the staff very attentive. The food was good - bagel with cream cheese and jam, date cake, brownie, muffin and cheesecake - but I would not pay the 7.25 eur per person price tag as I dont think it is worth it. Overall, good if you have a discount, otherwise prices are too high for the quantity provided. Place was very clean. It closes at 6 pm during the week which I think is a shame as most people work and cannot visit during the day.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I enjoy stopping at Bagels and Beans for lunchtime during a day of shopping at Beurs. My advice is to order a carpaccio bagel with pesto seasoning and a freshly squeezed orange juice. For being a quick lunch is not super cheap (you'd probably pay almost 10€) but I think it's worth the quality. During summertime the terrace is open and it's nice to have lunch outside.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Over the years I have been many times to Bagels & Beans in Lijnbaan because they have a good location. However, I have decided not to go anymore, because the staff - although usually friendly - are so badly trained (or perhaps not trained at all) that I always wonder why I bothered (lack of competition, is the answer). To give a few examples: none of them know how to make a foamy cafe latte (standard in all other cafes), so you always pay for a flat cup of coffee with milk. If you buy a large cup of latte/coffee etc. they often don't fill it more than just over half, so people buying regular size get more coffee than you do (but pay less). They often don't manage to serve the whole order in one go, so don't be surprised if your coffee takes 45 minutes while your bagel took 15 minutes. If you come after 2pm they will usually be sold out of several of the bagel varieties that they claim to offer. On my last visit, I bought my niece an apple juice that was gassy and had gone off, now fair enough these things do happen, but when I politely asked for a new one, the waitress took the bottle, looked at it and exclaimed: "it's not past the expiry date", true enough, but only when I asked her to take a sip from it, did she agree to give a new one. 15 minutes later, my niece got a new apple juice, but as for apologies? oh, we never got one. If you fancy a bagel, go to one of the other Bagels & Beans cafes, because this one really is below standards.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have visited Beans & Bagles at various occasions and at various locations within the Netherlands during the last years, both solo and in company, sometimes just for a quick coffee break between some appointments, sometimes with plenty of time and with the intention to spend a nice afternoon there with friends. There's one thing, however, that keeps repeating itself (again during my last visit at this Rotterdam branch): the poor service. Unfortunately, it seems to be the exception rather than the rule that all customers in a group get served their drinks/food at the same time, and when visiting solo and ordering e.g. a coffee or juice and a bagle, usually the drink arrives quickly but it takes ages until the food is served, to the extent that a coffee has either gotten cold or been drunk by the time the food finally arrives...How long can it take to put some creamcheese on a bagel ? I have given it many tries, but it seems to be the same everywhere. Most of the waitresses seem to be students or having a part-time job only and you notice it, especially when it's busy. Empty glasses are not noticed and it's hard in general to catch their attention to order or pay. The concept of Beans and Bagles is nice and the menu ideal for a quick and even healthy snack in between, but the service is just poor...such a pity. I have given it many tries but now decided not to visit this chain anymore.