“Worth the €45 per night that I paid” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Turkuaz
Hotel Turkuaz
Ranked #49 of 53 Hotels in Rotterdam
Malaysia
“Worth the €45 per night that I paid”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

I am a single traveller on my way home from work - transitting via Amsterdam and decided to visit Rotterdam for 1.5 days.

The objective was to find a cheap place to sleep in Rotterdam (6 - 8 hours) since I'll be touring Rotterdam most of the time from sun up till sun down. I am happy to say that I've met my objective at Turkuaz for €45 per night. (single room). Nothing special with the room set-up, but then what do you expect for the cheap price anyway. Check-in was easy. The front desk lady was OK and helpful. The single room is small as expected - but, suitable for my purpose. The room was clean - but with old furnitures and wooden floor. There was a shower in my room - small but serve the prupose. I checked in, leave some stuff in the room and then went out visiting the city. came back to hotel just to sleep as I was exhausted after a full day activity. I was on the 1st floor - no serious noise. Able to sleep soundly.

They have free WiFi if you bring your laptop. If not, there's a desktop downstairs where you can check your email etc.

The breakfast was basic. Had cereal, bread, cheese, yogurt and tea. Nothing fancy but I'm OK with it. Checked out after breakfast and went for some more sight seeing before heading back to Schiphol.

The hotel is about 7 - 10 minutes walk from the Central Station. Still quiet a distance from most of the tourist attractions. I love to walk. So, I can tell you that it's about 30 mins walk to the Euromast. 40mins walk to the waterfront. 20mins walk to Stadhuis, museums etc in city center.

Overall, I am satisfied with the stay at Turkuaz.

Recommend this hotel for: budget travellers, traveller who only needs a place to sleep without worrying about fancy stuff.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank hhakim

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vejle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

They decided to cancel our stay after one night. We had paid for four rooms for three nights. They claimed we broke the bed, but nothing was wrong besides something with the wheel that wasn't visible. They had to know about the damage beforehand, otherwise they wouldnt notice.

By coincidence we saw that they turned away two couples because they were fully booked, so we can only see this as a subject of fraud.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Rotterdam hotels

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

To start, what's positive about this place: it's just a 10min walk from the central train station. but that's the only thing folks, really.

I stayed there for 1 night and did not enjoy it at all. It has quite a seedy, tacky feel to it. The color scheme in my room was well very colorful, the bathroom had a musty smell, stained linen and the room was simply not well cleaned.

Breakfast according to reception is 'Self'-service Istanbul style'. And that pretty much says it all.

I really can't recommend this place even for a single night. You better spend your bucks in another more worthy establishment.

• Liked — in close vicinity to train station
  • Disliked — all the rest
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mcurs24
Minsk, Belarus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

I spent 5 nights in Rotterdam and chose this hotel.
Pluses:
1. -not far from center- about 5-10 min walk
2.- breakfast included (really nice breakfast, i must say!)
3. -WiFi free of charge (but it didn't work in my room :) needed to seat in hall)
4.- Good prices!
5.- good and friendly personal

Minuses: (for someone)
1.- small rooms- I spent there 5 nigths, and on th second day I just got used to the sizas of room
2.- TV was LCD, but had bad signal- also need to seat in hall

In general: I liked the hotel. At first side it seemed realy little, but Rotterdam is not quite big- so I got used to it, espesially when you spend the hole day in the city. The food was great and was seerved from6 to 10 am. All day and night long you can drink tea and koffe- a special machine is free of charge. I found no safe (locker) in room, as it was written on the web-site, but i didn't actually need it. A good area aroun a hotel, nice Kebab- and Turkish Pizza- "shop"- right in front of the hotel. Supermarkets are in the neighbour. And also Rotterdam ZOO- a wonderful place to visit- it is worth seen!!!- right in 5 min walk. A good place to stay a few nights!

Stayed September 2008