“Fot meat lovers”
Review of Los Toros

Los Toros
Reserve with
Los Toros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #280 of 1,115 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Cool
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We went twice to this restaurant located very close to our hotel because we loved the meat: it was tender, juicy, done as requested. The service is quite slow but in a way is good the waiters are not invasive and do not ask you all time how it is.
But, the bottle of wine we took the second day, although the same as in the fisrt day was not the same - poorer quality. I wonder if someone has hanged the label, because when we asked for the same wine they looked quite embrassed and were cheking the tables to see if there is a bottle left. Apart from this incident, nothing to complain, the price was reasonable as well.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Been going to Gauchos in rotterdam for some time now and after getting tired of the poor service and bad attitudes decided to try Los Toros.
I can safely say that i will never again visit Gaucho's in Rotterdam.
Los Toros was excellent, the steak was easily among the best ive had worldwide if not the best, good value for money and a comfortable place to sit and have dinner.
The Menu is an good steak menu with plenty of selection of different cuts and sizes of meat. When my steak arrived it was seasoned and cooked to perfection, the wine list is decent to boot.

Ill certainly be back to Los Toros sooner rather than later.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is an amazing steak restaurant. In fact I would go as far to say it is the best steak I hsv ever had. Service was good, not over attentive. I felt very welcome and we went back several times during our visit. You must try this!!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were in Rotterdam on personal business and stayed very close to where this restaurant was located. It was late evening, on a non-business day and we did not expect to find all that much when all of the office buildings in the area were not in use. Many inner cities sort of close down on long weekends.

Just wandering around, hoping to find a place to eat, and we ran across the "Los Toros". It's not a really big place, and it's not a really fancy place either, sort of "middle class" looking. We wanted to get a steak of some sort, and not knowing the center of Rotterdam all that well figured that this place was close, and we would take a chance. It was like Wow!

Service was what I would call "normal" for standard Netherlands, waiter not in "uniform" and not speaking ABN (high Dutch), English not bad. The menu we received was also in English, a lot different than an American or British Menu, but, yeah, looked Argentino, so we decided to stay. We took a Malbeck wine that was on the menu, quite good I must say, medium priced, and both took a steak, a middle European "Rumpsteak", sort of like a sirloin. The salad we got was a normal mixed seasonal salad, we also got a good baked potato, without sour cream or quark, but there was butter enough, and a veggie. But the steak was like wow. I did not expect all that much, but this was really good Argentine beef, and very obvious not northern Europe beef, tastes totally different. I must say both my wife and I judged out steaks to be one of the best we had had in a very long time - better than a lot of frozen American Imports that we had been eating for the past couple of years.

Ambiance? Well sitting in the store front window is not my idea of Ambiance, and the room was not large enough to house all of the tables properly, all of which were full incidentally when we left. Full table cloths there were not, table basically set once you order, noise level from the other guests was OK though, no noise from outside.

Recommendable? Yes, of course. The food was very good, ambiance OK, service OK to good,The waiters were attentive, not over attentive like in the USA. The meat we had was very good, and based on that alone I would go back next time I am in Rotterdam.

1  Thank JoelY55490
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant for many years and have always had an excellent meal with great service The all you can eat ribs are fantastic and the chicken/steak options are also lovely.

The restaurant does not open until 3pm so best to go for a late lunch or a dinner.