“Great dinner for the whole family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Satebar Indonesia

Satebar Indonesia
Ranked #268 of 998 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Stadsdriehoek
Grenoble, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dinner for the whole family!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We just got home from a delicious dinner out with our 3 girls! The food was outstanding, and service was great. We tried two of the sates, chicken with peanut sauce and pork with soy sauce. We also had the lamb curry and braised beef. It was all very flavorful with the right amount of spiciness. The portions were just the right size too. If we lived in Amsterdam, we would be regulars!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Cheryl S

casscat
“Delicious food and great service”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant when we were in Rotterdam for the marathon. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly (and spoke perfect English - which is lucky since my Dutch is non-existent!). They explained the dishes on the menu for us and we went for the Dutch-style 'rice platter', which is a range of traditional dishes, rice and sides. This set menu for two was very reasonably priced considering the huge amount of food you are given! It was more than enough for two hungry people. The dishes were hot and fragrant, the satay being especially delicious.

• Visited April 2013
Norway
“Excellent food, nice atmosphere and service”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Indonesian food at this restuarant was extremly good. We were a group and we chossed a mixed dish form the menu so that we could taste different dishes. We enjoyed the food and the service which was really good. Will recommend this restaurant..

Visited April 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Good quality authentic Indo”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I went last night on my own as in town for business and was pleasantly surprised at the quality and cost. I ate downstairs which is the “bar” bit and I guess less expensive than the restaurant upstairs?

I ordered a bottle of leffe (3.50 euro) and prawn crackers (2 euro) to keep me going and they came with a lovely peanut sate dip and well hot chilli paste which were both great accompaniments to the crackers.

For the main I went for the obligatory king prawn sate (12.50 euro) and fried noodle (4 euro) and was served 4 large prawns cooked just right under a fiery sate sauce. The noodles were also very god and I left well contented if a little hot under the collar form the chilli sauce I had on the side. ;-)

I would definitely go back as very reasonable priced food complimented by swift service.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank bigchiefdaddio
“Outstanding Indonesian cuisine!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I'm a bit of a regular customer here and it's even worse now that I live practically around the corner. Me and my friends have had diner here many times and one of the things you can not skip when you eat here is the pisang goreng.
Also the different types of rendang are dishes you must order. If you're not in a hurry and are with at least two people a rijsttafel is the best choice. You do have to take the stairs up to the restaurant but it will be worth it. The rijsttafel combines at least 8 dishes and is served on hot platters.
If you're in a hurry and you just want a quick bite you can get a table at the bar area. All personnel is very friendly, helpful and very alert. Just a raise of your hand or a nod and they'll be right at your table.

• Visited February 2013