“Outstanding Indonesian cuisine!”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdriehoek
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I'm a bit of a regular customer here and it's even worse now that I live practically around the corner. Me and my friends have had diner here many times and one of the things you can not skip when you eat here is the pisang goreng.
Also the different types of rendang are dishes you must order. If you're not in a hurry and are with at least two people a rijsttafel is the best choice. You do have to take the stairs up to the restaurant but it will be worth it. The rijsttafel combines at least 8 dishes and is served on hot platters.
If you're in a hurry and you just want a quick bite you can get a table at the bar area. All personnel is very friendly, helpful and very alert. Just a raise of your hand or a nod and they'll be right at your table.

1  Thank SunOC

Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you look at the menu it says very clearly that the Satebar that they serve the best sate in Rotterdam. I tend to disagree. It is OK, but not the best, by a long shot. It is above standard cafetaria fair, but not anything to brag about.

We also had some beef, which was very, very mild, bordering on the bland. The space itself is clean, though it feels outdated. Prices are not extravagant, but also not cheap. The prices seem low at first glance, but the prices are for individual parts. You still have to add the rice, etc.

1  Thank Jie Yong K
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

In this spot you can find good quality saté in different varieties. Well prepareerde and tender. Fast and friendly service too.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went this weekend and I have to say that I really enjoyed what I have ordered. It is not expensive (in my point of view) and the quality was good. I have never tried before indonesian cuisine so I am not an expert, however, I was very pleased with the chicken dish that I ordered as well as the entrant so when I return to Rotterdam, I certainly will go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Been here many times and never got disappointed about the food taste and quality. From simple to a fully packed rice menu, they know what there doing... Authentic Indonesian food... love it.