“Lovely”

Suite Hotel Pincoffs
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Rotterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This excellent hotel cannot be recommended enough. Lovely room with beamed ceiling, stunning hotel, great location and extremely friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast too.

Unfortunately our room did not have a view but the view over the water from the breakfast room is great.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hawaiian_owl
There are newer reviews for Suite Hotel Pincoffs

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I spent 1 night in this wonderfully redone townhouse with stunning views on the habour of Rotterdam.
Great mix of antique and contemporary designer furniture. In my corner room a 5 metre ceiling there was the old 19th century closet of Mr Pincoff, founder of the Rotterdam habour.
Very caring staff, extensive breakfast with Illy coffe and a bright smile from the waiter.
Edwin did a wonderful job here.

Room Tip: suite 4, with a big bathroom including designer tub and separated shower stall. 3 enourmous windows...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had a lovely stay, if much too short, last week. The staff is unfailingly friendly and helpful, and they made me feel comfortable and at home immediately. They even printed running maps for me, tailored to the distance I wanted to run. The rooms are lovely and make you feel at home. The breakfast room is beautiful, as is the rest of the building. I wish I'd had time to take advantage of the book and video libraries. The location is great, and very easy to find from the trams.

Room Tip: If you have small children perhaps ask not to have the rooms with stairs as they are steep for littl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is how every Hotel should be. Perfect staff and service to begin with. The room was spotless and had Auping beds, iPod and iPhone docking, espresso machine with Illy coffee and everything you would wish for a room. This combined with a perfect spot in the middle of Rotterdam at the south bank of the Maas. But what this hotel really makes perfect is the staff. Very friendly, very helpful. Highly recommended and worth every penny.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We spent three nights in Rotterdam a few weeks ago for a conference. Since my wife decided to come along, I splurged and booked Suitehotel Pincoffs to make sure that she would have a cool place to stay while I went around doing my conference stuff. Pincoffs exceeded all of our expectations. Our room was gigantic. The bathroom (with shower and a gorgeous tub) had a gas operated fireplace, a TV, and enough bathroom products to clean a football team. Late in the evening as the sun was about to set, taking a bath with the blinds opened letting in the amber glow of dust was lovely. The place was obviously well constructed; we didn't hear a sound from our fellow guests. The bed was comfortable with separate fluffy duvets. The in-room Francis Francis coffee maker was a god-sent. We drink a ton of coffee and on those jet-lagged morning, the front desk was quick to deliver more coffee pods.

The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. They came out to greet us every morning as we leave our place and always asked how our day was as we returned. They made reservations for us for our meals, recommended places for a quick bite, and gave us helpful traveling directions. Of all the places we have stayed, I can say that Pincoffs' staff ranked top 3 in terms of friendliness and helpfulness. They were superb.

The hotel is located on the "other side" of the river. Walking across Erasmus Bridge is the easiest way to get to the north side and on a lovely day it is definitely a treat. There are also trams aplenty within a 5-minute walk from the hotel. After arriving to Rotterdam via trains, we took the tram to Wilhelminaplein (an easy 12 minute ride). Finding the hotel was not super obvious but the subway station at Wilhelminaplein (just downstairs from the tram stop) has a automated map printing machine. With a little help from a friendly station manager, I printed out a map of the area with Google Map-like directions to Pincoffs. Love them Dutch. A quick walk later and we arrived at Pincoffs.

Pincoffs' room rates are in the same ballpark as some of the mediocre hotels across the river. Indeed, I met some friends at their hotels during our stay and my wife and I really thought we lucked out in choosing Pincoffs. You might have to pay 10% more at Pincoffs but, trust me, it is totally worth it. It will make your trip to Rotterdam a whole lot better!

NB: Ask the staff about the story of Pincoffs. It's an amazing tale. Also, ask them about the squatters living in the gate house nearby (they have a bar in the basement!). Finally, just across the river on the north side is the Rotterdam Walk of Fame where you will find the foot prints of musical geniuses like LaToya Jackson, Toto, David Lee Roth, Suzanne Vega (who signed it "My name is Luka" just to remind you of what she did), and many more lined up in an odd mix. I can only hope that JLo will join the Walk of Fame when she comes here for her show next week.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This hotel is definitely on the quirky side. Staff is very warm and friendly, hotel is small and quiet. This is not the standard corporate product, a nice change for road warriors. My suite was not the most comfortable just for sitting and reading, as seating was a sofa tucked under stairs with no adjacent light. Good workspace, and the very quiet bar is also available as a sitting room. Caution: at least some of the rooms are on two levels and are not suitable for guests who have difficulty climbing stairs. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank frequentflyer044
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had a great stay at Suitehotel Pincoffs. As reviewed by others, the rooms are great - stylish and distinctive, the food amazing, the views spectacular, the parking easy and the building beautiful.
But what made this a stay in a million was the service we received. After leaving the hotel and continuing on to Maastricht, my dad realised he had left his passport in the safe, Laura from the hotel staff made a four hour return trip to Maastricht and returned the passports to us.
For that level of customer service, this place will always be one of our favorite hotels!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family