“American Style”

Better Bagels
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Leiden
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: BetterBagels are bagels made from the best ingredients without any unnecessary additives. We use organic flour and honey as our main ingredients. Since we use the traditional New York style process to produce BetterBagels, the dough develops for at least 12 hour to get its full flavor. Each bagel is than boiled, baked, turned and baked again. This gives BetterBagels their characteristic bite and delicious taste. BetterBagels are made fresh at the Village Bakery in Leiden where you can follow the production process in an open bakery, while you enjoy your coffee.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

What i cannot understand is the complete idiot that called the owner rude and downgraded his service. We have received nothing but good customer service as well as quality bagels from Better Bagels. My visit was complete with a bagel that i considered equal too if not better than what I can recieve in my home in America. SUZ B, is nothing more than a dimwit who would not know quality if it punched him/her in the mouth.

There are newer reviews for Better Bagels

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have not come across any other bagels in the Netherlands that come this close too those I've tasted in the US, but this is 99% if not a full 100%. Nothing better than an 'everything' bagel on saturday morning with cream cheese and a slow coffee for me, nice and simple. On the way back I usually bring a '6 pack' for the family for lunch and don't mention I already had one so I can have a 2nd. My kids prefer them with 'smeerkaas' i.o. cream cheese (....real dutch kids)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

As Better Bagels continually adds and removes different types of bagels and products, it is definitely worthwhile going again and again, you will notice, the service and atmosphere stays the same. Excellent as far as I am concerned.
Yes, RubitaM-87, sometimes someone forgets something, or it is a little pricier than you think they ought to be, for me, they are ............. if you do not know what a Bagel is, or do not realize the love, work and dedication it takes creating this bagel or that the size of a Bagel is a just a comfortable, little bit bigger than your hand. I am sorry, they still taste the best when they are served straight out of the oven, warm, fragrant and tasty. Thanks Joe and Frank...

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Visited Leiden for my birthday and stumbled across Better Bagels. This American ex-pat was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful customer service and the fabulous bagels! What a lovely birthday treat! Keep up the good work Joe The Slicer!

1  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed September 25, 2013

As an expat living in NL for 6 years already I can confirm that Frank and his bagels are one of the culinary higlights of Holland.
Even if you dont consider yourself a bagel person (I wasn't) make sure you swing by Leidens most "gezellig" cafe. Probably visit every 2 weeks or so and have enjoyed watching Better Bagels rise up the Leiden restaurant rankings to take its rightful place at the top of the tree. You will not be disappointed (LOX deluxe is my favourite).