“Good food, good service”
Review of Fratelli

Fratelli
Reserve with
Fratelli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 292 Restaurants in Leiden
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Leiden, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We hadn't made a reservation, but were swiftly seen to a large table at the back of the restaurant, where I had a great view of the kitchen that was run in a very tranquil manner. Within minutes, we were toasting each other's health with a nice prosecco. Shortly after we were presented with a basket of breads: plain and olive, accompanied by a tasty tomato and bell pepper tapenade. As primo, we decided on the salad of roasted bell pepper, zucchini, rocket, and a real find, Tomino cheese... Absolutely lovely creamy yet unpasteurized flavor. My wife was quite happy with her dorade and shrimp; I really liked my filetto Rossini, even if it can't be very healthy! Our dolce: tiramisù, and lemon ice cream with prosecco and passion fruit. Also good, strong espresso and a heady grappa. Being offered a limoncello after the meal felt like being in Italy! Service was pleasant throughout.

• Visited March 2013

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great food, excellent service”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our son is studying in Leiden and we went over there to have dinner with him.
I found this restaurant through Tripadvisor and made a reservation, and I am glad I did. We had a great dinner here. The food was excellent and so was the service. The waiter was very friendly and helpful but not overdoing it. We didn't choose the menu which looked great as well but ate a la carte.
The starters were very good. Some really creative. Everything was fresh and very tasty. For main course all three of us had the Filetto a la Rossini, this was really fabulous . The house wine we took was also good. Only one of us had room for dessert but the waiter was so attentive to bring three spoons anyway and on top of it all he brought us delicious limoncello to go with our coffee!
I will definitely go back here!!!

• Visited January 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Helpful chef who made a meal that my son liked!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Probably need to have more choice but the food was fab! Waiter very accommodating. Would definitely go again but maybe without kids.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Expect a loooong, leisurely dinner”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The food was really pretty good, the ambiance was nice, and the servers were quite friendly, but this was all mostly overshadowed by the incredible amount of time we waited around with no food throughout the evening.

When we arrived they took our drink orders and eventually our dinner orders, but we sat there for exactly an hour before we were given any food at all, even bread. We were starving by the time our four pieces of bread arrived and inhaled them - and we were not brought any more after that. We had almost equally long waits between each course. I enjoy a leisurely dinner, but this was excessive.

I might go back, but I would eat something first next time.

Visited May 2012
Voorburg, The Netherlands
“Great straight forward quality Italian”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

In the heart of Leiden's shopping area. A small cozy Italian with excellent food. Not too much, not too little. The Service is excellent. I have been there about 5 times now, and have been served by different waiters almost each time. Nevertheless, the quality of the service was excellent each time. The food is really good and the menu changes slightly by season. I can recommend the Valpolicella wine.

• Visited March 2012