“Above and Beyond”

Restaurant In den Doofpot
Reserve with
Restaurant In den Doofpot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 303 Restaurants in Leiden
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: High class service, topfood and fine atmosphere. Established in 1997, more than twenty years Leiden's finest!
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We are foodies from San Francisco who have high standards. We appreciate fresh ingredients, the use of unique ingredients and composition and presentation. We just happened upon IDD while walking in Leiden. We took a chance and we were blown away by our dining experience. I would have to say that from the hundreds of restaurants we have eaten at our dinner at IDD was in the top ten along with The French Laundry and Alinea.

1  Thank Moapter

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Wonderful food, great service, very nice atmosphere. A true treat and a perfect night out with friends. We had the 4 courses surprise dinner and every course was delicious! I loved the wine pairings and hope to come back soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The appetizers were as good as have ever eaten. Main dishes were very good but lost out a bit, sea bass was slightly over cooked. Wine list ranges from 30-to hundreds od euros, but the low end range is good. Overall dining experience superb.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is one of the top restaurants in Leiden, and I consider that an honor because Leiden has a relatively high number of extremely good restaurants compared to other Dutch cities, even compared to Amsterdam considering relative population sizes. It is all you expect from perfect gastronomy and if you indicate clearly what you like even a complete vegetarian can be happy here. But I am not a vegetarian and I was happy with the perfectly prepared duck. The restaurant excels in its wine arangements, the wine collection is truly amazing. The only minus is that it is a bit pricy, relative also to other top restaurants in Leiden, so unless you have an expense acount you have to save it for a special ocasion. I did that for a wedding day and birthday several times since I consider the quality is worth it.

1  Thank Herman S
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Last Tuesday night I had dinner at IDD with 3 friends. It was a busy night for the restaurant, but this didn't bother us at all. The noise level in the restaurant is very good and we had no issues talking and listening to each other. The food was really good and the portion sizes perfect. We had matching wines and really enjoyed the combinations of the food with the wines. I had a cheese plate for dessert, which was very nicely put together and came with a beautiful glass of Port. It isn't a cheap place, but you will enjoy spending an evening there; nice ambiance, great service and very good food and drinks. I hope to come back soon!