“Family Dinner”

Ranked #48 of 244 Restaurants in Delft
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My niece, who works in Delft, recommended we have a dinner here. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and atmosphere. We ate on the third floor. It was quite pleasant, with several small groups enjoying thier meals. The service was good.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stopped here for dinner with family. There are 3 floors and the bottom 2 were noisy so we climbed to the top floor. I ordered chicken roulade, and the other 2 ordered a salmon and a cheese pie. My chicken was dried out and steaming hot like it had been microwaved, the salmon was raw inside, but the cheese pie was nice. I wish I'd ordered that. Took a while to get a fresh drink because the server walked past a few times despite the empty glasses but that's quite typical in Holland from my experience. The atmosphere was nice and the views were good. They do 5 euro meals which is good for students if you want basic food but don't expect to be impressed with the food. I'd have sent mine back but I was with family and didn't want to make a fuss since someone else in the group had chosen the place.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

This traditional brown cafe bar is the ideal place to stop for a drink and lunch. The service and quality of food is excellent. The location is absolutely lovely being situated on one of Delft's most picturesque canals. We can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We went there to have a quick and not too expensive dinner. We ordered the 'Sate' which only cost 10 euros. The food was simple, but good, and there is a good choice of beers to go with it. The waitress was very friendly. We didn't stay after our dinner, but it's also a good place to have a drink later in the evening.

Reviewed August 6, 2010

Rucola stampot; It was the most lousy peace of dinner I ate. And I'm dutch so I know what a stampot is. And that what I ate was mash potatoes with some rucola leaves with a sloppy fried fish on top. "Stampot" is so you know half potato half vegetable stamped together so it looks quite green.

This is for the tourists in the Netherlands. "Stampot" is a dutch meal you shouldn't eat at a restaurant. It is not really the most exquisite meal on earth but if you eat it in a dutch house hold you will taste the cosyness to it. Stampot is normally eaten together with a gravy spilled over it that is taken from the meat you eat next to it. Either meat balls that have cooked slowly and long in butter or a dutch smoke sausage with mustard. So get to know some dutch and ask them to make stampot for you. But what ever you do don't try to eat it on the streets.