“Wonderful Hotel!”

Hotel de Emauspoort
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Delft
Reviewed June 2, 2009

This hotel was great.
Pros: The service was outstanding- friendly staff. The hotel is very charming. Our room had 2 windows that opened out to a small street with shops below. Pretty bathroom with black and white tile floor. Private courtyard. Breakfast included was very good- selection of bread, pastries, eggs, meats and cheeses, fresh fruit. Comfortable bed. Great location a block from the main square. This town is small, so just about everything was walking distance.
Cons: Small TV. No Air conditioner- not sure how often this would be needed in Holland.

3  Thank Christian377

Reviewed May 29, 2009

Stayed in the apt. they have in the hotel, see the video of it on the hotel's website. Apt. was a good size with plenty of windows, a terrace off the bedroom and it's own entrance from the street. Owners are very nice, offer good service, have nice breakfast. Cleaning staff cheerful and helpful. Bells and chimes (it is right behind the New Church)and people passing on street could be problem for those light sleepers not used to noise at night. Only thing I would change would be to put darker window treatments as the night lights and the day sun makes the bedroom too light as the mini blinds don't keep the light out. Would stay here again, in the apt, which made our stay comfortable.

2  Thank TravelNowSwUsa
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Location, staff, atmosphere and service at Hotel de Emauspoort is great. The breakfast was super and the room clean and spacious. Will stay here again and recommend it highly. Hope we can stay in one of the caravans next time!

1  Thank jo-alt
Reviewed April 17, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights for the purpose of attending a family wedding and really loved this hotel. The staff were polite and friendly and our room was spacious and immaculately clean. The buffet breakfasts, served in a charming room overlooking the canal, were tasty with a wide selection to choose from. The location is superb, tucked away behind the church on the main market square. Our only advice would be to try to get one of the rooms that face the canal. Oh - and if you don't like the sound of church bells - take some earplugs or maybe avoid Delft altogether! We love them, so we were fine :)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lollapot
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I would give 6 points if I could... Best hotel experience we've ever had.
Cozy, amazingly clean and really feels like home.
The staff is incredible. Тhe manager gave us an option of few rooms to consider as he noticed we travel with a lot of luggage and a stroller.
The breakfast is great, very country-like style.
Even though Delft is quite small, location of the hotel is awesome. Located right by the New Church you wake up to the church bells. Unforgettable!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel de Emauspoort for 3 nights, in the heart of friendly and picturesque Delft. The hotel is charming, with specialty suites and caravans. It is right next to the Nieuwe Kerke, you walk easily to any site in Delft (even a visit to the porcelain factory outside of the center made for a pleasant walk). You spend your time crossing bridges over canals, eating little pancakes in the market, and enjoying this relaxed city.
Breakfast in the hotel was terrific and the staff are friendly and knowledgeable in this family-run hotel. Delft made a great base for exploring, we took a fun 20-minute ride on Tram#1 to the Hague and visited Amsterdam via train. We certainly preferred Delft as a base to previous experiences in Amsterdam -- Delft has no hustles or hassles (but is not dull, lots of young people, lots of great coffee shops, restaurants and locals). I can't recommend the Hotel de Emauspoort enough. Cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrankFSD
Reviewed January 14, 2009

I stayed at the Hotel de Emauspoort for one night in early Dec 2008 on my way from Brussels to Amsterdam. I especially wanted to visit the Vermeer Center and to see where Vermeer painted. Delft is charming and the hotel is centrally located, an easy walk to all of the major sites, restaurants, and the train station. My room was on the second floor in the front with a view of the back of the new church, canals, and charming street scenes.

The hotel is in a historic building that has been well maintained. The entrance is through an automatic door on the side of the building that opens into the lobby. It was a cold rainy afternoon when I arrived and the entrance to my room was outside and around to the front of the building where there was a locked door that guests were given a key to open. As is typical of Holland the stairs to the second floor were long and narrow, more like an enclosed ladder. Fortunately the receptionist showing me the way took one of my bags or I wouldn't have made it to the room. People with stair issues will need to request a first floor room. Once I got to the room it was large and pleasantly furnished in a historic inn sort of way.

Breakfast was a small buffet but with sufficient choices. The breakfast room had the same view as my room which was very pleasant. The staff were helpful getting tea, hot chocolate or whatever anyone wished.

The staff were very helpful with directions and suggestions for restaurants. I enjoyed both restaurants they suggested for a late lunch and for dinner. The next morning they were also very helpful when the lobby computer's Internet was down they allowed me to use their own computer to write a quick email home that they would send later when the Internet was up again. As it happened the Internet came up when I hit send but it was nice of them to offer to assist me in this way.

I would definitely stay at the Hotel de Emauspoort if I visit Delft again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo