“Unique accommodation, excellent breakfast”

and 1 more site!
Hotel de Emauspoort
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Delft
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed in one of the two gypsy caravans in the courtyard - refurbished and fitted out by the current owners 15 years ago, these are compact, quirky, but very comfortable, with a good bed and efficient shower. Breakfast was typical Dutch with a wide selection of cheese, cold meat, bread, pastries, fruit, cereal etc. Centrally located next to the 'New Church', which tinkles bells through the night. I thoroughly recommend this hotel for something a little less ordinary.

Room Tip: Try the gypsy caravan for something different
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Gave one of my two tripadvisor excellence pins to them. Stayed in room Carel Fabritus, Room 2, in annex, right next to the hotel. Was upgraded from a twin bedded room with a bath to a larger room with a large bed & a twin bed overlooking the courtyard. Large armoire in room. Bathroom had both tub and shower with a towel warmer. Hair dryer. Had washcloth mitts too! Large beautiful reception and breakfast area. Breakfast served from 8-10. Exceptional breakfast with Dutch pancakes with chocolate sprinkles available, fruit cocktail, poached egg, cakes, hard boiled eggs, OJ, milk, coffee, tea, assorted breads, cheese, ham. Quiet except for night church bells that rang every half-hour. I am a light sleeper & it only woke me up a couple times during the night. Firm beds-not as comfortable as I prefer. Central free computer in lobby. Great location! Take credit cards without an additional charge. Very friendly and helpful staff. Had read on tripadvisor that hotel had free tickets to Vermeer Center. Receptionist only worked part-time so wasn't familiar with the tickets but persisted until she found them. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Rustic and charming, this little hotel in Delft was a good choice in that it was perfectly located for exploring the town on foot.

Don't expect anything fancy, but of course it isn't sold as a luxury getaway. It is, however, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Breakfasts were good - typical Dutch fare so if you're steering clear of bread for any reason you may want to have a plan B, even though there was plenty on offer.

Wifi was very patchy but on my last day I discovered that if you are on an Apple device and you "forget" the hotel wifi and then reconnect it would suddenly start working again.

Only downside I thought was that it was quite warm during my stay and there was no aircon or fan so you had to choose between hot air that didn't move around, or open the windows and be confronted by the noise of the street below. A small electric fan would have resolved that problem and I think the hotel should consider investing in one for each room.

All in all I really did enjoy my stay here and the friendly faces of the team working there. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the street can be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel one night earlier this month (July 2014). The hotel is quaint, cozy and very well situated to see all there is to see in beautiful Deft. In addition to that it was exceptionally clean and the staff was very welcoming. The charming hotel is located adjacent to the "New Church" and a small canal. If you are looking for a hotel that says "deft" this is the one. Furthermore the breakfast that was included with our room was fantastic! We had crepes/pannekoeken made individually for us and coffee made as we ordered, unlike other hotels that make a pot and leave it on the counter for self serve. The courtyard is beautiful and the flowers and colours used on the property complement each other well. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone who is contemplating a visit to beautiful Delft in the Netherlands.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank halleva
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had one of our most enjoyable stays ever in Delft! It was a magical few days and this hotel certainly helped. Very comfortable and great location. Full of character it was exactly what we hoped we would find. Breakfast was a great start to the day and lot's of great restaurants very close. Well recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2014

A really lovely, inviting place to stay in the heart of Delft. Charming and cozy rooms, quiet and clean. Great service and a fantastic breakfast.
However, if you're a very light sleeper the regular ring of the churchbells might wake you up at night. Also, my room had a bit of a shortage of WiFi during my stay, but when I needed internet I just sat down in the very lovely, inviting patio.
Both things were really just minor issues and I can only recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed one night as part of a cycling tour. Very nice hotel with a little courtyard. Staff were very helpful and we got a limitless pair of delft clogs when we checked out. Will visit again for longer

• Stayed: July 2014