“Quaint and friendly”

and 1 more site!
Hotel de Emauspoort
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Delft
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was a very nice hotel located in the heart of Delft. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The next time we go there (and I hope there will be a next time) we will stay here and I hope to stay in one of the special gypsy caravans.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda P

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was traveling to Delft for work. Our automated tool picked a chain hotel outside the city.. I wanted to be more central so I checked tripadvisor for a recommendation. I now know why Hotel Emauspoort is the number 1 pick in the city. it is perfectly located, beautiful and incredibly comfortable and accommodating. I spent many happy (and late) hours working in the beautiful courtyard, looking at the view and drinking their good and cheap self service beer. I will never stay anyplace else when I visit Delft. I hope I can bring my family there sometime.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank johncohn
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I spent just one night at the Emauspoort. Thanks to GPS we had no problem finding it - beats the map in passenger's hands approach. It is right by the canal in a pedestrian area but there is a way to drive a car there if you have to or a very short walk with on street parking. Overnight parking is at a parkade close by for 7 Euros a night.

Upon arrival you will be checked in in no time to a quaint room up some narrow stairs. Don't think there are any rooms on the main floor, so not suitable for people with difficulties climbing stairs. Each room is different so the best way to find out is if you go to http://emauspoort.nl.

Breakfast is sumptuous with a large variety of food for every appetite, served in the beautiful breakfast room on the ground floor.

Right across the canal is the Nieuwe Kerk and the old town which is easily walkable. Unfortunately our stay was way too short. We should have had at least one full day to explore this beautiful city.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brn2bru
Reviewed September 17, 2013

A very quaint, comfortable and traditional hotel in the heart of beautiful Delft. It is very simple and the rooms are compact, but it is charming and clean. I was there with a group of colleagues for a three night stay. My room was in the back courtyard, which was generally very quiet. My room was very warm though!
My one downside (which is really nothing to do with the hotel) is the bells ringing from the church opposite. Try to get a room at the back of the hotel and bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper!

Room Tip: As mentioned about the church bells, try to get a room at the back of the hotel. And bring earplugs...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Delitful little hotel - well located on a pedestrian street behind the New Church.

We had a pleasant room on the inner courtyard which was quiet. Simple clean room with a real double bed. Coffee and tea in the room.

The breakfast room - and the breakfast was the loveliest spot imaginable.
Great breakfast - all the usual baked goods, eggs, scrambled and hard boiled, meats, cheeses- one could easily skip lunch.

Nice little sitting area too- which was quiet welcoming as we arrived in a downpour. They made fresh coffee and tea and we were warmed up in a minute.

Easy to walk to all the sites and the staff are exceptionally helpful.

A great bargain at the price you pay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor. try for one of the few rooms overlooking the canal
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was a lovely friendly hotel close to the centre of Delft right by the canal. We stayed in one of the caravans which were a nice surprise. Whilst the caravans were compact they contained everything you need. The staff were friendly and very helpful and the honesty bar was a great idea and appreciated by everybody we spoke to. Have already recommended this hotel to friends.
I think the only negative we had was the lovely sound of the church chimes which were beautiful and discreet but went on into the night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at this lovely hotel in the heart of Delft. We were met by the front desk staff who checked us in and helped us sort out the parking of our car. We had a two room apartment which had 2 bathrooms which worked well for our family of 5 adults and one infant. The rooms were clean and the kitchens useful (one in one bedroom and one in the main room. There was a TV in each bedroom and in the main room. The location was excellent, close to the central square and easy walking distance to all sites and the train station. If you have a lot of luggage and are coming by train, a taxi to the hotel would be advisable. The breakfast provided was excellent, with pancakes, fresh fruit, breads, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee, meat and cheese.

We have only good things to say about this hotel and would stay here whenever we come to Delft again.

• Stayed: September 2013