“2 great weeks”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Delft
Port Perry
“2 great weeks”
Reviewed June 13, 2008

Found a jewel in a wonderful old city, very quiet for a city center,lots to see, hotel staff were great, rooms kept clean, good breakfast with lots of fresh bake goods, owners very helpful and all staff spoke great english, will stay again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — The great personal service
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank ottovonrotton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2008

A historical little place to take you back in time...

We were welcomed by the owners of this charming little hotel in the centre of the historic town of Delft!

Look no further this place is a real little find.

The room we had was a quad room over looking the canal and the church.
(It was very clean) The breakfast was a highlight with lots of yummy "Dutch Treats" and great coffee!
I have recommended this place to all my travelling friends, if you want something typically Dutch...look no further!
(The only comment I would like to point out, which didn't really worry us, is that they have no garage, however a public secured garage is a 10 minute stroll 'through the canals' away)

• Liked — Clean, very comfortable and being in the centre of Delft
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank troubadours
Centerburg, Ohio
Reviewed May 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Emauspoort for a week in April, based on Tripadvisor reviews (as always). I called the Hotel directly to make reservations and confirmed them via email. Super easy. Everyone I dealt with was very nice and very helpful. The location couldn't have been better, just off the square and not far from the train station. Room was great. Clean and comfortable. Breakfast was the best! Fresh breads, meat, cheese, yogurt, cereal. The orange juice was the best I've ever had. It was very relaxing to eat and watch the bikes and people go by in the morning, a super start to the day. The staff gave great recommendations for restaurants at dinner time. There is a computer for patron use so we were able to check train schedules before our day trips. Delft itself was the perfect town to have as a base for our trip.

Stayed April 2008
2 Thank goingabroad
Bamberg, Germany
Reviewed May 1, 2008

We stayed in the caravan. It was charming and fun. It was a beautiful weekend and we enjoyed our little outside area to relax after a busy day. The location of the hotel was perfect and we loved the bells. They were the last thing we heard and the first thing again but they didn't bother us in between.

Breakfast was wonderful, the breads were warm and the buffet plentiful.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 23, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Hotels in Amsterdam, Delft and Leiden with this being our favorite. Our room was spacious and clean. The location was great, although even though the church chimes were quaint they did wake me up occasionally. The price was inexpensive for the quality. The included breakfast was excellent and filling. We would stay here and use this as our base for any future Netherlands visit.

• Liked — Spacious and quality
  • Disliked — Outside noise
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danlmart
Halifax
Reviewed April 5, 2008

As a tour director, I feel that it is my duty to advise fellow travellers of my experiences with either good/bad hotels. I chose the Hotel de Emauspoort in Delft from a website, (TravelXL.com) and booked 3 nights with evening dinner included for my group of 33. If I haven't used the services of a particular hotel in the past, there is always an aprehension before arrival. From the first contact with Joeren and Desiree I knew that I had no fears of the quality of this hotel. Fast return communications, (wtih humor), helpful and courteous responses to the many changes I had to make before arrival, helpful check-in, knowledgable answers to all my questions, etc. Our hosts went out of their way to make my group feel welcome and comfortable. The bountiful breakfasts were excellent, but......the evening dinners for our three night stay was beyond first class service. As this was the beginning of a 21 day excursion, the Emauspoort maintained the position of being the "favorite" of the group throughout the entire trip......and we had wonderful hotels and gasthofs for those 21 days. Would I take another group there.......in a heartbeat. I'm already planning a "favorite hotel excursion" in Europe in the future for my clients....you can be sure that we will once again visit the Hotel de Emauspoort.

Great job Desiree and Joeren ........ and not forgetting your staff.

Ted Porteous, Tour Director, Canada

• Liked — cleanliness, comfort, quiet,friendly
  • Disliked — I have no dislikes
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank tedporteous
Nova Scotia
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Subject: Thanks from Canada

Recently, we were two of thirty Canadians who enjoyed a private tour of seven European countries. Many of us had never travelled to Europe and were thrilled to experience the culture and see the architecture and breathtaking scenery. The testimonials to historic events were particularly moving. We enjoyed great accomodations and meals throughout the tour and were treated respectfully.

When we made our scheduled stop in Delft, we were lucky enough to have been booked in to the Hotel de Emauspoort where we were greeted by Jeroen & Desiree. Our rooms were spotlessly clean and the meals were considered "fine dining" by our standards—certainly, the very best of the trip. The care shown us by the owners and staff of the Hotel was outstanding. We were made to feel very welcome and very special throughout our stay. Canadians have a high regard for Holland and its people, and we now know why. Everyone on our tour, voted our stay at the Hotel de Emauspoort the "highlight" of our trip and anticipate a return visit someday.

We highly recommend this hotel and its staff to any friends travelling in Europe.

Carroll Collins & Mary Muise
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

• Liked — Cleanliness, best dining experience and wonderful hospitality.
  • Stayed September 2007