I spent two weeks in Hotel Leeuwenbrug during my business trip to Delft in February. Since it was not a tourist season, and my stay was so long, the hotel upgraded for free the reserved “Luxury Twin Room” to an apartment (thank you, Leeuwenbrug). So I would not say anything about price/quality ratio; however, $130 per night for “Luxury Twin Room” that I initially reserved seems reasonable.
1) Location is excellent. 5 minutes walk to Delft center with its churches, restaurants, shops. 7 minutes walk to Delft Centraal Railway station, which I used every day to go to work.
2) The apartment is in 3 levels: entrance, kitchen and living room with outdoor terrace (small restroom on this level) and bedroom (separate bathroom and shower rooms). I almost did not use the huge living room (did not have time); spent all time at home in the large kitchen. As for the bedroom: BEWARE: there are very low wooden ceiling construction elements. Everybody taller than 176 cm would definitely struck his head. I did it a couple of times. Yes it is dangerous, and administration should warn the guests.
The apartment has laundry machine, which was handy for such long stay. Has refrigerator and some other kitchen devices. Just ask reception for English instructions because the manuals kept there are in Dutch.
Water flow in shower was pretty weak.
3) Breakfast is modest. This is common for small hotels that do not have their restaurants.
4) Stuff was friendly. A couple of times I complained about some plumbing problems, and the problems were fixed the same day.
Overall impression: good (since I was upgraded), but larger hotels with better breakfast and better plumbing would probably be better. But good location was my concern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in historical centre of Delft. Some rooms overlooking city others have canal view. Museums, shops and restaurants in 5 minutes walking distance. 45 minutes from Amsterdam, 15km from Rotterdam and the Hague. 500m from Railway- bus station. Paid parking next to the hotel. Perfect location for business or touristic outings. The hotel offers weekend packages: stay three, pay two nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Hotel Leeuwenbrug reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leeuwenbrug Hotel Delft