“Nice hotel and great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Leeuwenbrug

Hotel Leeuwenbrug
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Delft
Kiev, Ukraine
“Nice hotel and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My daugther and I was staying at the hotel almost the month. The separated apartment was great for us. The staff give us all needed household appliances by our request.
Location in the heart of Delft near the market very convinient for walking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Shah Alam, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel towards end of my 13 days training trip in Delft. Got a tastefully furnished room and a bathroom with a huge bathtub (a definite plus point). Was presented with a box of delicious Leonides chocolate! Essential tea making facilities, fridge and wireless internet service was provided. Breakfast was varied in both the days I stayed in. In addition, there are always some freshly made cookies/traditional dutch tit bits put out on the reception desk. Staff were courteous and very accommodating and extended the check out time past the usual time. Hotel is located near UNESCO-IHE and the railway station ( a great plus for me!) and also within walking distance to all the interesting landmarks in Delft including the flea market, market square, Oosport, Royal Delft pottery, church etc. Will highly recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SanthiArmugam
Mishawaka, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

OK, this is for fellow Americans who are visiting this place--or even Europe, rather--for the first time. I will share my experience, giving your the downsides first, and especially the downsides that NO OTHER REVIEWER is telling you about:

From the outside, or in the picture, this place looked absolutely charming. Upon walking into the lobby for the first time, I thought, "Wow, what a quaint little place." But it wasn't until I walked into our room that my heart sank. The bathroom was absolutely ridiculous, and even a little dangerous. If you are an older person who has a very hard time getting around, I don't think I would stay here if I were you. The toilet was facing the sliding door to get into the shower. In other words, if you were to sit normally on the toilet, you would need to open the shower door and stretch your legs into the shower. There were only about 2-3 inches between the toilet seat and the shower door. This is not an exaggeration. Instead of opening the shower door, I simply sat on the toilet sideways. The bathroom is poorly laid out and would be especially hard for elder individuals.

The other thing that I didn't like was an occurrence. The day we arrived, my husband and I immediately decided to take a nap. After about an hour of napping, we heard a knock on our door, followed by the opening of our door immediately after. The young hotel girl who originally checked us in poked her head inside our room when we didn't give her permission to enter. When I looked up and she saw me looking at her, she immediately withdrew and shut the door. I just thought that was a little weird and it made things awkward for a bit. The point is, leave the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the outside handle of your door AT ALL TIMES. After that incident, I wouldn't take it down for any reason, not even to have our room cleaned.

There are no washrags. If you are a woman like me who uses washrags to clean makeup from her face, bring your own washrag. The lady behind the desk didn't even know what it was (haha).

There are no sheets that are placed under the comforter. You know when you stay at a hotel in the United States, they make the bed with an extra sheet beneath the comforter? They don't have that in the European hotels we have stayed at so far. At first this grossed me out, but rest assured, they wash the comforters...

Which leads me to the good points of this place: it was extremely clean. The bed was clean, the room was clean, and the bathroom was spotless and sparkled. Not a speck of dirt anywhere. Additionally, the staff was VERY friendly and very helpful. And yes, the breakfast was free and consisted of three cereals with milk, yogurt, breads, pastries, and shaved meats.

Finally, in the corner of our bathroom, there was what looked like a male huntsman spider (which are harmless, but terrifying for arachnophobes like me). It's body was about 3 inches in length with long legs. My husband had to kill it using hairspray and toilet paper. So just eyeball the room and ask if they have spider spray. Of course, one of the ceiling tiles in our room was coming down a bit, so made it just came from that.

Overall, would I recommend this hotel? Yes, certainly. But I just felt it was very important that some people, especially for those who are of age, to know about the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sara R
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Leeuwenbrug nine years ago and returned this May becase I had liked the hotel so much. The hotel is on a central and very attractive canal--easy to walk to sights. My room was modern and sunny. Being a single room, it was small but designed in a very convenient and comfortable way. The staff were friendly and helpful and a good breakfast was included in the very reasonable price. I would definitely return again to this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We visited the hotel in April. Delft is a lovely town and the hotel is very centrally located. Although the hotel does not have a car park there is a public car park very close by. The hotel was a little bit old fashioned and the room on the small side however the breakfast was good and the staff friendly and helpful so I would be happy to recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is located on one of the canals and there is public parking next door. The area is very quiet. The hotel is clean and breakfast is included. Our room was not in top notch condition--the lighting was not great and at least one of the overhead bulbs was burned out which did not help the lighting situation. Overall the condition of the decor was "tired" or a bit over used. The bathroom was tiny--the toilet faced the shower door and the door needed to be open to fully use the toilet. The lighting in the bathroom was poor.

The staff members were very nice and helpful.

The breakfast area was a little tight and it appeared that people were coming in from the street to eat breakfast. I do not know whether there is an annex building and that is where the people were coming from. The lobby breakfast area was quite busy in the morning.

Overall the hotel was OK but not wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here my first night in Delft.

The hotel has a good location right between the city centre and train station.

The staff is friendly and helpful recomending good places to eat etc.

The breakfast was included and was good but not super.

It's not a fancy hotel but the standard is really good, particularly considering the low price. I'll stay here the next time i visit Delft!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business