“Excellent food and fantastic flavours”
Review of Het Vermeertje

Het Vermeertje
Reserve with
Het Vermeertje is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 232 Restaurants in Delft
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Excellent food and fantastic flavours”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

A small intimate restaurant with friendly staff. The steak with the 22 spice sauce was terrific the balance of flavours just perfect. A good dining experience

Visited October 2013

Brisbane
“Lovely but no Van Der Dussen”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a week in Delft equipping our daughter for exchange at university and relied heavily on trip advisor reviews. They were fairly accurate. On balance Vermeer might win on flavour and value but Van Der Dussen wins on flavour alone.

Vermeer is lovely. My sea bass was excellent, staff were efficient and effective. I can understand why it has the trip advisor number one rating. However, at the end of the day Van Der Dussen is one of the best places I have eaten. Sorry Vermeer but you were a very close second.

• Visited August 2013
Delft, The Netherlands
“tasty and creative dish!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went there for a special occasion, the place is really in a good location, very cozy environment with a small open kitchen where chef was busy cooking. I did not smell so much of other foods that chef was cooking like the previous reviewer, Maybe they have changed the fan, but I like the idea that you see what chef is doing. The food was really nice and yummy, very very nicely designed. the personnel were nice and friendly. the type they served the food was very formal and I really enjoyed it.

• Visited September 2012
Delft, The Netherlands
“good location, good food, good service, but...”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Good reviews made us go to t Vermeertje. The location is good, the food was creative and tasty, the lady who served us was friendly and helpful, and wine prices are reasonable. But there is a big BUT, we could smell each main course that was prepaired (the restaurant has an open kitchen) and this is very unpleasant. Moreover, we had to have our clothes dry-cleaned as the smell was still strong the next day. I suggested the owner to install a better ventilation system. Like Stewart B, I agree this is not number one of Delft!

• Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“I think I’ll stick with the Spijshuis De Dis”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was wondering why this was the Number 1 rated restaurant in Delft. Was it the location, the food or the service? It is after all just of the main square. I quickly discounted the service when I was seated at a very wet table with no table setting. Maybe it was my fault as I did turn up 5 minutes earlier than my reservation time. I ordered the special Asparagus menu as I am very partial to Asparagus when it is in season. The Asparagus soup was very pleasant, but nothing out of the ordinary to make this the number 1 restaurant. So I looked forward to the special Asparagus main course. When it came I was a little disappointed, some Asparagus spears, with 4 slices of ham similar to what you would purchase at a supermarket, with two dollops of mayonnaise, the accompanying butter sauce was nice though. So I was starting to feel that it must be just the location that made this the top restaurant. The desert of Apple Tartin was actually very nice with a subtle apple sorbet. But I am assured by an expert that if you can’t make one of these then you can’t claim to be a chef. So overall I was pretty disappointed by the Number 1 restaurant in Delft, deciding that in this case it was based on location and not the factors that make a restaurant great - the food and the service. I doubt I will return for a second try. I’ll continue to eat at the Spijshuis De Dis where the food meets my expectations.

• Visited May 2013