“I think I’ll stick with the Spijshuis De Dis”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Het Vermeertje

Het Vermeertje
Reserve with
Het Vermeertje is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 222 Restaurants in Delft
Cuisines: Dutch, European, Fusion, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Melbourne, Australia
“I think I’ll stick with the Spijshuis De Dis”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was wondering why this was the Number 1 rated restaurant in Delft. Was it the location, the food or the service? It is after all just of the main square. I quickly discounted the service when I was seated at a very wet table with no table setting. Maybe it was my fault as I did turn up 5 minutes earlier than my reservation time. I ordered the special Asparagus menu as I am very partial to Asparagus when it is in season. The Asparagus soup was very pleasant, but nothing out of the ordinary to make this the number 1 restaurant. So I looked forward to the special Asparagus main course. When it came I was a little disappointed, some Asparagus spears, with 4 slices of ham similar to what you would purchase at a supermarket, with two dollops of mayonnaise, the accompanying butter sauce was nice though. So I was starting to feel that it must be just the location that made this the top restaurant. The desert of Apple Tartin was actually very nice with a subtle apple sorbet. But I am assured by an expert that if you can’t make one of these then you can’t claim to be a chef. So overall I was pretty disappointed by the Number 1 restaurant in Delft, deciding that in this case it was based on location and not the factors that make a restaurant great - the food and the service. I doubt I will return for a second try. I’ll continue to eat at the Spijshuis De Dis where the food meets my expectations.

1 Thank Stewart B

“Top rate food with a really reasonable price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Well, I was looking for a place for dinner and found this on tripadvisor. I have always been particular on food, and I have to say this is the most worthy supper I ever had! You can choose your meal as 3 courses or 4 at a price of 30€ or 40€, with your OWN choice of starter(s), main course and dessert. I ordered goat cheese for starter, and I strongly recommend you to try it!!! REALLY nice thing... For main course I had the fish of the day, which was cod, and "passion fruit" for dessert. By the way the bread was really good, I ordered an extra bread for the goat cheese at the price of 1€... Oh that's definitely the most satisfying supper I ever had in Europe. I don't know what the other restaurants are like in Delft, but this definitely worth a try.

Pennsylvania
“Top Dining Experience in all of Holland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've eaten at some of the finest restaurants in New York, Sydney, LA, and other major cities and this meal ranks as one of the best meals I've ever had. The ingredients were fresh, the menu innovative without being off-the-wall, and the quality was just outstanding.

I had the duck breast special and the duck was done perfectly, almost melting in my mouth. For starters I had a superb goat cheese creme brulee with date pancakes and a salad with variations of cucumber that was fantastic and I'm not even a big fan of cucumber. My companion had the crab soup that she gave five stars. Her meal of cod was also done perfectly and seasoned superbly. The chocolate bombe dessert was out of this world as well.

Service was perfect, with a waiter who knew the menu and also made you feel comfortable right away. It's not a large restaurant but you can sit outside or inside and watch life in the town square of Delft while near a canal.

I recommend this restaurant highly and it is worth the trip from Amsterdam just to eat here.

Hampshire
“First amongst equals in Delft”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have recently returned from a fantastic holiday in Delft; we had an evening meal here which was just perfect, imaginative but with full regard given to the high quality ingredients.

We returned for lunch on our final day and had another splendid meal, this time outside, overlooking the canal.

All this plus top service from a very friendly and enthusiastic team.

• Visited April 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Vermeer would be pleased.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Finally! After several months of endlessly disappointing restaurants in area of The Hague, we have found a great one here. Amazing food, cozy atmosphere, and great staff. Will be back again. And again. And again. Yum!

• Visited April 2013