“wonderful Rijsttafel”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have yet to visit Indonesia,but when you entered the restuarant you got the sense of what it might feel like to be there. My husband and I ordered the mini Rijsttafel which was more than enough for both of us. The rendang (beef in spicy coconut milk) and buncis kecap(green beans in shrimp and soy sauce) were wonderful along with the gado gado and the satay Ayam(chicken) and lets not forget the peanut sauce, which I could probably put on just about anything.We had Rijsttafel in each city we visited in the Netherlands but the one difference was the relaxed surroundings and the wait staff were very nice and attentive.We even tried to have lunch there the very next day but they were not open so we went to the Redjeki store and got indonesian food to go,we had these wonderful little hand held pies with spicy meat and delightful speckoek(spice cake).The woman in the shop was very nice and enjoyed talking with her.

1  Thank MichiganElla

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just had a great meal at Redjeki with my husband. We went with the €25pp Reistafel and left the restaurant groaning after the quantity of food served. The Reistafel tasting menu was delicious, a series of small bowls containing beef, chicken and vegetable dishes cooked in various spicy sauces or coconut milk. In addition there were chicken, pork and prawn satay and a variety of crackers, rice and tofu. Service was excellent, very friendly and attentive and with one beer a glass of wine and a large jug of water we were happy with the €60 bill. In particular I loved the ambiance, soft music, dining tables set up like private suites with curtains and bamboo, its a lovely dining space. Highly recommend.

2  Thank Two_Thomases
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited Redjeki because it was listed as one of the better Indonesian restaurants, however due to circumstances we left feeling a bit disappointed (and poorer). As there were just two of us and one eats meat and the other is veggie, we were unable to order a Reistafel to share (we were looking forward to this), with all the various dishes and accompaniments. As a result we had to order from the a la carte menu at 20 Euros each and ended up with less than we hoped for. Not with regards to quantity, I hasten to add – far from it. If anything the portions are very generous, however the fried rice and noodles that accompanied the dishes were bland, dry and flavourless and so we left most of it. In any event, most rice and noodle accompaniments had traces of meat in it anyway, so choice is limited unless you are a carnivore.
Putting the food aside (if one can!), I must say it is possibly one of the most attractive venues around; vaguely reminiscent of a spa - soothing background music, minimalist Indonesian decor, gentle staff and a touch of perfume in the air. And it’s spacious -unlike the cramped Matties Restaurant down the road.

1  Thank humblescribe1
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had been advised to try a rijsttafel restaurant while in Holland and we were not disappointed. For 20 Euros per person, we had a large assortment of dishes in the "smaller" portion choice. It included marinated cucumber, shrimp chips, chicken and pork satay, green beans in soy, green beans and lettuce with peanut sauce, chicken in coconut sauce, spicy chicken with curry, mixed vegetables with tofu, spicy tomato sauce on hard boiled eggs, and toasted coconut and peanut topping. The server patiently explained the differences in the menu selections. The atmosphere was very nice. We far preferred this restaurant over other restaurants we visited in Delft.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We had a very good rice table and the waitress was very helpful in finding out what had
coconut in it as I am alergic. I had chicken skewers with peanut sauce and a cucumber salad
very good.