“What a treat!”

Dining options: Reservations
London
“What a treat!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The service is perfect as is the food. Very good menu with something for every taste. Good selection of wines. It was the most expensive meal we had in Delft but a lot better from the rest.

Visited November 2012

• Polish first
“A nice, casual restaurant”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

While the service was very slow between courses, de Kurk was a nice enough, casual restaurant--not too loud, not too pricey, and an OK atmosphere. It's the kind of place you'd go to in Delft if you lived in Delft and couldn't think of anywhere else to go. As in, there's always de Kurk. Nothing special, but not a disappointment, either.

The Hague, The Netherlands
“A Surprisingly Terrible Meal”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Having read the glowing reviews on TA, my boyfriend and I were excited to try de Kurk on a rainy Monday night, and it started out well enough-- the menu looked interesting and our waitress was polite and efficient-- however, the wheels started to come off the bus when the first course arrived. We both had the prix fixe menu for 27.50- I'd ordered the sashimi starter, which was very small (fair enough) but the fish could definitely have been fresher; my main course was the daily special- beef tournedos, which was good, much better than my boyfriend's main, a large piece of whitefish atop a pile of tagliatelle with a gluey Alfredo sauce. All in all, we weren't impressed, but the final straw had yet to land: our desserts arrived and it was immediately clear (from the rapid rate the plates started to gather condensation) that they had been plated a fairly long time in advance and left in the fridge, but we ploughed ahead, only for me to realize that the cream which came with my peanut brittle semifreddo (which itself tasted like it had been left uncovered in a fridge for a period of time) was decidedly OFF. I doubled checked with the boyfriend, he agreed, and when our waitress came over, she took the plate away, showed it to the cook and said they wouldn't charge us for my dessert.

We left, unimpressed with the food, but still not entirely disgruntled-- until later that night when I was rather sick. The boyfriend gallantly went back the next day to make a complaint-- I'm a hale and hearty type, but an elderly person, or someone with health problems would not have been able to shrug it off so easily. Their response? That it wasn't the cream which made me sick, despite it being off, but perhaps I'd had a strange reaction to the wakame seaweed which came with the first course. Well, I've eaten all kinds of seaweed since childhood, having grown up in E and SE Asia, so I'm not buying that. Could it have been the fish? I don't know. What I do know is, we won't be going to de Kurk *ever again*.

If you're in the area, try Cafe Pastorius on the same tiny street.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lily D
Helsinki, Finland
“Nice food in a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Good food with decent price! 3-course dinner for 27,50 €. Friendly staff. Nothing special but still would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2012
Volketswil, Switzerland
“Why I add another advise...”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Ok, glass roof, good food ... enough prove of evidence so far in other advices ..., but please mention as well that it's rather noisy, narrow seats, not really optimum for a candel light dinner. Entering the kitchen (meaning the dishes / menues) really shows phantasy of cookers creation and ideas of combinations, that still impresses me

• Visited July 2012